Uttlesford Citizens Advice Bureau debt team tackles finance problems
SUPPORT for people who are bogged down in debt is being offered by a recently expanded team at Uttlesford Citizens Advice Bureau (CAB). The charity has said that there are several options available to people with money worries. The debt team at the CAB o
SUPPORT for people who are bogged down in debt is being offered by a recently expanded team at Uttlesford Citizens Advice Bureau (CAB).
The charity has said that there are several options available to people with money worries.
The debt team at the CAB offer expert, impartial, confidential, and above all, free advice to help people get debt free and stay that way.
The Debt Team said: "If you would prefer one-to-one support, the CAB is available locally and has recently increased its capacity to provide specialist debt support with the help of a grant from the homelessness department of Uttlesford District Council."
You may also want to watch:
Alternatively, if you want to talk to someone over the phone or via email, you can call the National Debt Line. And if you are confident using the internet, the Consumer Credit Counselling Service (CCCS), has an online debt-counselling service called CCCS Debt Remedy.
"Numbers of debt management companies offering a go-between service between customer and creditor have increased significantly since the start of the recession," the Debt Team has said.
- 1 Thieves swap elderly hospital patient’s ‘precious’ rings with tin bands
- 2 Revealed: UDC considers almost 300 possible new development sites
- 3 Standon Calling called off after heavy rain and lightning risk
- 4 7 of the prettiest villages in north-west Essex
- 5 4 English Heritage events to enjoy at Audley End this summer
- 6 Chelmsford beer festival cancelled for 2021 by Covid concerns
- 7 Q&A: Former Uttlesford District Council leader Howard Rolfe
- 8 Vulnerable Uttlesford residents set for council tax rate freeze
- 9 Stebbing on the verge of becoming 'small town', residents fear
- 10 Revealed: The progress made so far to create a new business park
"These are well advertised, sometimes using automated calls to the home, and often state that there is a simple way to write off debt. It is important to realise that these companies are unregulated, they charge for their services and this cost could compound not cure your debt problem.
"Always check carefully to see if the company you are considering using really is the best option for you. Any of the organisations mentioned above will explain the advantages and disadvantages of using these types of services."
Uttlesford CAB has outreach offices in Saffron Walden, Great Dunmow and Thaxted.
National Debt Line: 0808 808 4000 (www.nationaldebtline.co.uk)
Consumer Credit Counselling Service: 0800 138 1111 (www.cccs.co.uk)
Uttlesford Citizens Advice Bureau: 0844 477 5986 (www.adviceguide.org.uk)
- UTTLESFORD Citizens Advice Bureau (CAB) is urgently looking to recruit a volunteer employment specialist.
If you have human resources, legal or union experience in this area the charity would be delighted to hear from you - all necessary training and support will be provided.
If you are interested in supporting the work of Uttlesford CAB, they recruit people regularly to train as volunteer advisers. Please contact Kate Robson on 01799 510869 (non-advice line).