Buffy Playbus launches crowdfunding appeal for project which has “real power to make a big difference”
- Credit: Archant
An Uttlesford children’s charity is appealing for donations which will allow them to build a sensory den.
Since 1994, Buffy Playbus has provided supervised playtime for pre-school children on a double decker bus which travels across Uttlesford.
Now, the charity are hoping to raise £5,315.00 in order to create a dedicated sensory area on their new bus.
A spokesman for the charity said: "The space will be dedicated to the sensory needs of all children. We will use lighting, soft materials, inviting colour schemes and interactive play to provide a safe and comforting environment where children can learn and play. This area will give a feeling of independence and help build self-confidence as children explore different stimulating activities in a relaxing manner. This will be a special place where children feel entirely at ease and are able to initiate & control effects of the experiences they create. The project has real power to make a big difference."
Thanks to grants from the National Lottery Community Fund and Uttlesford District Council, the charity have purchased a replacement bus, which will be launched this summer.
The spokesman added: "Since 1994, Buffy Playbus has shown that it is capable of adapting to the needs of vulnerable and isolated families by providing a well-regarded and welcoming service. During this time we have supported more than 90,000 individuals enabling them to learn new skills and make friends, leading to stronger communities and more resilient families. The inspired initiative of a mobile service in a widespread rural area is invaluable in bringing good quality play and learning facilities under the guidance of experienced early years workers, directly to where they are needed most. More than 280 families are registered with our service and regularly visit our play sessions."
Donors will be offered a wide range of rewards depending on their contribution to the fundraising appeal. The rewards include a free party on the bus, an invitation to cut the ribbon at their September launch event, free entry for the family for one month or your name displayed on the new bus interior.
- 1 RideLondon 5 year plan: 900 object to district road closures
- 2 New speed check groups to start: Rayne duo share experiences
- 3 Can you answer these 10 GCSE questions designed for 16-year-olds?
- 4 High Roding continue excellent start, as Aythorpe, Dunmow suffer defeats
- 5 Great Dunmow and High Easter take centre stage as Women's Tour of Britain hits town
- 6 243 Takeley homes granted outline approval despite concerns
- 7 New Mayors and deputies in Saffron Walden and Great Dunmow
- 8 Recap: A120 reopens near Stansted Airport after 'police incident'
- 9 Queen, Alicia Keys and Diana Ross to star in BBC's Platinum Jubilee Party
- 10 Things to do in Essex this June
To donate, go to https://www.spacehive.com/buffy-playbus-sensory-den.