A-Level results 2020: Bishop’s Stortford College
- Credit: Bishop's Stortford College
Bishop’s Stortford College Upper Sixth students have received their A-level results.
The vast majority of students in Bishop’s Stortford College’s Upper Sixth have gained places at a university of their choice.
Almost 50 percent of A-Level grades awarded were A*-A and just under 80 percent were awarded A*-B, with a 100 percent pass rate in spite of a large number of grades being lower than the College had predicted.
All the College’s Oxbridge candidates have confirmed their places.
And 30 students achieved three or more A*/A grades.
You may also want to watch:
This year, 34 students also took an Extended Project Qualification, a Level 3 qualification that gives students free rein to follow a particular passion.
This year the highest number of students to date undertook this additional qualification, with 35 percent of grades being awards A*, 76 percent at A*-A and 88 percent at A*-B.
- 1 Grange Farm & Dunmow Runners delighted to be back at actual races
- 2 There's a rainbow in the woods outside Thaxted
- 3 Standing for election for a seat on Essex County Council on May 6, 2021
- 4 Join Pam on sponsored 'walkies' for Guide Dogs
- 5 Almost 800 Essex patients take part in Covid-19 Recovery trial
- 6 Pay It Forward brings joy to Dunmow community
- 7 Delight at repairs grant which will also support specialist building trade
- 8 Takeley virtual consultation opens
- 9 Actor Ray Winstone's video appeal helps double air ambulance's 'brick' sales
- 10 Survey reveals Uttlesford fears of fourth national Covid lockdown
Instead of preparing for and sitting their A-Levels, these students spent their Summer Term undertaking an intensive preparation course for university.
They attended university style seminars on undergraduate material, upskilled their research, IT and presentation skills and completed in-depth research investigations on a topic studied in their course. Of those going on to University, many will be going to top ranked universities including Oxbridge, Cardiff, Durham, York, Warwick, Edinburgh, Bristol, UCL, Imperial College and Exeter.
They will be studying Law, Medicine, Civil Engineering, Fine Art and Business with Marketing.