UPDATE: Two thrown from vehicle in A120 smash
POLICE are appealing for information following a serious crash on the A120 this morning (Friday) which saw two people thrown from their vehicle.
The two-vehicle collision, which involved a green Jeep and a black Ford Mondeo, happened on the westbound carriageway near the Felsted and Dunmow turn off at 8.26am.
Two men have been seriously injured. One man suffered head injuries and has been airlifted to Queens Hospital in Romford, and the other suffered pelvic injuries and was taken to Broomfield Hospital.
A 51-year old man from Braintree has been arrested on suspicion of driving without due car and attention and drink driving, and is currently in police custody.
Firefighters from Braintree and Dunmow assisted ambulance crews and the air ambulance and made the vehicles and roadway safe before leaving the scene at 9.39am.
You may also want to watch:
The road remains closed while police conduct their investigation.
Anyone with any information is asked to contact police at the Dunmow road policing unit on 101.
- 1 Boy George and Culture Club announce Audley End concert
- 2 Dunmow tributes to Prince Philip, Duke of Edinburgh
- 3 Online Young Musician competition launched by Dunmow Rotarians
- 4 Lockdown easing: 'Shop abuse will not be tolerated'
- 5 Two charged in connection with Dunmow burglary
- 6 Care at home: what is it, and how can it help?
- 7 No 11th hour reprieve for Finchingfield homes plan
- 8 Dogs seized and three arrested following police operation on Braintree Road, Dunmow
- 9 Saffron Walden Musical Theatre Company announces musicals
- 10 Residents urged to have their say in housing consultation