UPDATE: Two thrown from vehicle in A120 smash
POLICE are appealing for information following a serious crash on the A120 this morning (Friday) which saw two people thrown from their vehicle.
The two-vehicle collision, which involved a green Jeep and a black Ford Mondeo, happened on the westbound carriageway near the Felsted and Dunmow turn off at 8.26am.
Two men have been seriously injured. One man suffered head injuries and has been airlifted to Queens Hospital in Romford, and the other suffered pelvic injuries and was taken to Broomfield Hospital.
A 51-year old man from Braintree has been arrested on suspicion of driving without due car and attention and drink driving, and is currently in police custody.
Firefighters from Braintree and Dunmow assisted ambulance crews and the air ambulance and made the vehicles and roadway safe before leaving the scene at 9.39am.
You may also want to watch:
The road remains closed while police conduct their investigation.
Anyone with any information is asked to contact police at the Dunmow road policing unit on 101.
- 1 Secretary of state to consider overturning Finchingfield houses approval
- 2 Covid-19 fast-testing centre opens in Uttlesford for asymptomatic residents
- 3 Villages around Great Dunmow covered in frost and snow
- 4 Uttlesford Covid case rates decline means they are now the lowest in Essex
- 5 Red engraved gem from iron ring is older than was previously thought
- 6 Beavers help with Finchingfield's 'worst flood in 20 years'
- 7 Dozens of illegal fishing nets and traps seized during pandemic
- 8 New Local Plan: 'Housing and transport should be planned together'
- 9 Seventh flood in Great Bardfield breaks pavement
- 10 Former POW camp on council heritage list