Update: Cattle chaos on A120
SIX cows were killed in a crash on the A120 on Friday afternoon, after two lorries collided and a trailer overturned spilling live cattle onto the carriageway.The accident happened at around 1.30pm
SIX cows were killed in a crash on the A120 on Friday afternoon, after two lorries collided and a trailer overturned spilling live cattle onto the carriageway.
The accident happened at around 1.30pm and police were forced to close the busy road between Dunmow and the M11 for nearly four hours whilst the remaining cattle, thought to be about 18 cows were rounded up safely.
A police spokesman said: “We couldn’t have cattle running all over the road and keep it open so it was important that we closed the A120 to make sure people were safe.”
Unfortunately six of the cows on board the trailer were killed in the accident as one lorry ended up straddling the central reservation.
You may also want to watch:
The road was finally reopened fully at 5.30pm
- 1 Pets Corner: It's time to get your dog back to training class
- 2 Chelmsford beer festival cancelled for 2021 by Covid concerns
- 3 Revealed: The progress made so far to create a new business park
- 4 Revealed: almost 300 possible new development sites are submitted
- 5 Braintree council installs further electric vehicle charging points
- 6 7 of the prettiest villages in north-west Essex
- 7 Dunmow mayor sets out summer programme set to unite community
- 8 Lamborghini v Ferrari at Petrolheadonism.Club's Supercar Sunday event at The Warren Estate in Essex
- 9 Coronavirus rates in Essex are doubling every 10 days
- 10 Stebbing on the verge of becoming 'small town', residents fear