UPDATE: Anonymous donor doubles reward money in bid to find robbers who stripped 12-year-old boy after Dunmow Carnival
- Credit: Archant
AN anonymous donor has pledged to double the reward money to help police capture the robbers who stripped a 12-year-old boy of his clothes on his way home from the Dunmow Carnival.
Ollie Bell was taking home his three goldfish in a bowl, which he won at the carnival, when he was approached by two men on a footpath by Ash Grove at about 6pm on Saturday. They asked him whether he had his mobile phone but when he said no they took his clothes.
One of the men held his shoulders whilst they removed his jumper, shirt and shoes. They also took £15 from him and checked his pockets.
The Helena Romanes student was left with just his trousers, socks and the goldfish.
His father, Howard Bell, is so “sickened” by the attack on his son he has offered a £1,000 reward for any information which leads to a conviction.
You may also want to watch:
Mr Bell said: “It is just sickening. I cannot believe they did this. I am hoping this reward will smoke them out of the woodwork for our peace of mind and so this does not happen to anybody else’s children.”
A business in Great Dunmow - which wishes to remain anonymous - has contacted the Broadcast to say it will match the reward money in a bid to bring the robbers to justice.
- 1 Pets Corner: It's time to get your dog back to training class
- 2 Chelmsford beer festival cancelled for 2021 by Covid concerns
- 3 Revealed: The progress made so far to create a new business park
- 4 Revealed: almost 300 possible new development sites are submitted
- 5 Braintree council installs further electric vehicle charging points
- 6 7 of the prettiest villages in north-west Essex
- 7 Dunmow mayor sets out summer programme set to unite community
- 8 Lamborghini v Ferrari at Petrolheadonism.Club's Supercar Sunday event at The Warren Estate in Essex
- 9 This week's paper: Dunmow Broadcast on July 22, 2021
- 10 Stebbing on the verge of becoming 'small town', residents fear
Ollie’s white Converse trainer boots, dark blue Ralph Lauren tank top-style jumper and his blue and beige checked shirt were taken.
One of the men is black, about 5ft 5ins tall, of skinny build, and aged 20 to 30. He was wearing a beige woolly hat, black jumper, black tracksuit bottoms and black trainers.
The second man is white, and about the same height and age as his accomplice. He had ginger hair, spoke with an Irish accent and was wearing a dark baseball cap, white t-shirt with a picture of a beach on it, dark blue jeans and was carrying a black jumper over his shoulder.
• Anybody with any information should contact Braintree CID on 101 or Crimestoppers, anonymously, on 0800 555 111.