Uncle Funk packs the dance floor at Dunmow Foakes Hall
- Credit: Archant
There was a full house on Saturday night at Foakes Hall for the Round Table and 41 Club’s annual charity concert night which raised £5,000 for good causes.
The crowd were entertained by the band Uncle Funk and the Boogie Wonderband and DJ Pete Sparks with the dance floor packed from start to finish to some classic ‘70s tunes.
Round Table chairman Jon Worby said: “It was a superb night. So many people made a great effort with some fantastic ‘70s outfits. I was born in the ‘70s and have always loved the music.
“My family brought me up on the disco classics and named me after the Bee Gees – my middle names are Robin Barry Maurice.
“I was in my element on the dance floor showing off my Saturday Night Fever routine. It was a great night and we hope everyone enjoyed it like I did.”
You may also want to watch:
See: www.greatdunmowroundtable.co.uk for more photos from the night.
- 1 Man dies after Roxwell collision, police confirm
- 2 Helena Romanes homes plan 'harmful urbanisation' says council
- 3 Pedestrian dies following Dunmow collision
- 4 Community trees and bulbs to help tackle climate change
- 5 Essex Police issues update on Katie Price's alleged assault
- 6 Festive Christmas markets to visit in Essex, 2021
- 7 'Gastro-Glastonbury' Foodies Festival coming to Hylands Park in Chelmsford
- 8 Saffron Screen's new Sunday night film season is For All The Brave Women
- 9 New chemotherapy centre at Broomfield Hospital is 'fantastic'
- 10 Katie Price alleged assault: 32-year-old man re-bailed