Uncle Funk packs the dance floor at Dunmow Foakes Hall
- Credit: Archant
There was a full house on Saturday night at Foakes Hall for the Round Table and 41 Club’s annual charity concert night which raised £5,000 for good causes.
The crowd were entertained by the band Uncle Funk and the Boogie Wonderband and DJ Pete Sparks with the dance floor packed from start to finish to some classic ‘70s tunes.
Round Table chairman Jon Worby said: “It was a superb night. So many people made a great effort with some fantastic ‘70s outfits. I was born in the ‘70s and have always loved the music.
“My family brought me up on the disco classics and named me after the Bee Gees – my middle names are Robin Barry Maurice.
“I was in my element on the dance floor showing off my Saturday Night Fever routine. It was a great night and we hope everyone enjoyed it like I did.”
You may also want to watch:
See: www.greatdunmowroundtable.co.uk for more photos from the night.
- 1 Prison sentence extended for man involved in Dunmow attack
- 2 Local Elections 2021: Essex County Council results for Uttlesford
- 3 Dunmow Cricket Club at 125 years and launch of Project Pavilion
- 4 Is former Love Island star Carl Woods moving to Bardfield?
- 5 Ageing trains mended using recycled parts for final years of service
- 6 New mayor and deputy mayor appointed for town council
- 7 New chief executive for ambulance service
- 8 Roger Hirst remains in place in Police, Fire and Crime Commissioner elections
- 9 Dunmow councillors to devise climate action plan
- 10 Prime minister to give green light for May 17 Covid-19 lockdown easing