Un-driveable car stolen from village home
AN UN-DRIVEABLE car has been stolen from outside an Uttlesford house in broad daylight. Thieves stole a �300 Ford Mondeo Ghia, registered as R915 CFB, sometime between 7.30am and 2.30pm on Wednesday February 3 at a house on The Street, High Roding. Poli
AN 'UN-DRIVEABLE' car has been stolen from outside an Uttlesford house in broad daylight.
Thieves stole a �300 Ford Mondeo Ghia, registered as R915 CFB, sometime between 7.30am and 2.30pm on Wednesday February 3 at a house on The Street, High Roding.
Police are now appealing to anyone who might have seen anything to come forward.
In a similar crime on the same village street, a �2000 silver Ford Focus was stolen during the night on February 9, between 6.45pm and 7.15am, its registration is X475 BAP.
You may also want to watch:
An Essex police spokesperson said: "It is possible that these two thefts are linked. The Ford Mondeo stolen on February 3 was un-driveable, and the thieves may have stolen the car to cannibalise it for parts. They may have had to use a low loader to transport the car away, and anyone with information about either of these crimes should contact officers at Dunmow station, on 0300 3334444, or call Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.
- 1 Housing sites sought by Uttlesford District Council
- 2 Hot lunches to support more vulnerable in community
- 3 Beavers help with Finchingfield's 'worst flood in 20 years'
- 4 Seventh flood in Great Bardfield breaks pavement
- 5 Dolly the pig gets help after getting stuck in the mud
- 6 Swan Inn customers support the foodbank
- 7 Former POW camp on council heritage list
- 8 Man jailed for at least 18 years after murdering partner out of jealousy
- 9 Try this at home: Chef Webb from MasterChef's latest recipe
- 10 MasterChef winner Chef Webb's lockdown recipe