Ultimate Everly Brothers tribute act goes down a storm with Dunmow’s senior citizens
- Credit: Archant
Two-hundred of Dunmow’s senior citizens were treated to spine-tingling harmonies at a concert hosted by the Rotary Club.
The free event featured the Ultimate Everly Brothers tribute act, with brothers Mick and Terry Page, pictured, recreating the harmonies of Phil and Don Everly.
The show included all the Everly Brothers greatest hits such as Wake up little Suzie and Cathy’s Clown.
A second act, called Tricks of the Trade, started off with rock n’ roll numbers and included songs by Buddy Holly, Roy Orbison, Chuck Berry and the Beatles. The set ended with a quick wig change and a further two songs from Status Quo.
At the end a special mention of D-Day was made and the National Anthem was sung. Almost £300 was donated towards Rotary charities.
You may also want to watch:
A spokesman for the Rotary Club said: “Mick and Terry gave a superb, professional performance with their own lighting and graphics and the audience loved it clapping and cheering every song.”
Anyone interested in joining the Rotary Club of Dunmow should contact Mike Perry at Lipson’s Photography or call 01371 872129.
- 1 Dunmow and Stansted councillors not in new Essex County Council cabinet
- 2 New cycle network consultation announced
- 3 Lockdown eases: new mayor and new Priest join drive-in concert
- 4 Prison sentence extended for man involved in Dunmow attack
- 5 New on-call firefighters have joined stations
- 6 Local Elections 2021: Essex County Council results for Uttlesford
- 7 Uttlesford's shops still suffer from low footfall, Google data shows
- 8 Outgoing mayor reflects on 'a Covid year' in office as he steps down
- 9 New Dunmow and Barnston vicar thanks community for their warm welcome
- 10 TSB closes Dunmow branch