Ultimate Everly Brothers tribute act goes down a storm with Dunmow’s senior citizens
- Credit: Archant
Two-hundred of Dunmow’s senior citizens were treated to spine-tingling harmonies at a concert hosted by the Rotary Club.
The free event featured the Ultimate Everly Brothers tribute act, with brothers Mick and Terry Page, pictured, recreating the harmonies of Phil and Don Everly.
The show included all the Everly Brothers greatest hits such as Wake up little Suzie and Cathy’s Clown.
A second act, called Tricks of the Trade, started off with rock n’ roll numbers and included songs by Buddy Holly, Roy Orbison, Chuck Berry and the Beatles. The set ended with a quick wig change and a further two songs from Status Quo.
At the end a special mention of D-Day was made and the National Anthem was sung. Almost £300 was donated towards Rotary charities.
You may also want to watch:
A spokesman for the Rotary Club said: “Mick and Terry gave a superb, professional performance with their own lighting and graphics and the audience loved it clapping and cheering every song.”
Anyone interested in joining the Rotary Club of Dunmow should contact Mike Perry at Lipson’s Photography or call 01371 872129.
- 1 MasterChef winner Chef Webb's lockdown recipe
- 2 Campaign seeks free products in Uttlesford's public buildings
- 3 Widespread flooding leads to busiest day for Essex firefighters
- 4 Residents, the RAF and Stansted Airport react to sonic boom
- 5 Essex County Council to discuss council tax increase of up to £40
- 6 Police seek witnesses to two vehicle collision
- 7 Stations benefit from funding
- 8 Covid jabs have started at Broomfield Hospital's Vaccination Hub
- 9 Rape victim urges others to be brave and tell Essex Police
- 10 Two Covid swab kit sites open in Uttlesford