Two storey building fire in Dunmow
FIREFIGHTERS brought a two storey blaze under control in Aythorpe Roding this morning (Mar 12).
Crews from Dunmow, Leaden Roding and Chelmsford were called to Keers Green after receiving a call about a building fire around 7.20am.
Initially two appliances were sent to the incident. But on arrival, the incident commander requested an additional appliance for extra breathing apparatus teams.
Firefighters wearing breathing apparatus used two hose reels and two covering jets to extinguish a fire in a two storey building. The property was well alight and heavily smoke logged when crews arrived at the scene.
At 7.55am the officer in charge reported that the ground floor was well alight and the whole of the building 100 per cent smoke logged. Covering jets were in use to protect surrounding risks and crews wearing breathing apparatus were using two hose reels to tackle the blaze.
You may also want to watch:
The fire was out by 8am. Crews used a high pressure fan to clear the building of smoke. A joint Police and Fire Service investigation will be carried out to establish the cause of the incident.
• Download our new app, iWitness, to send us your pictures and stories for the paper
- 1 Dunmow and Stansted councillors not in new Essex County Council cabinet
- 2 TSB closes Dunmow branch
- 3 New cycle network consultation announced
- 4 Lockdown eases: new mayor and new Priest join drive-in concert
- 5 New on-call firefighters have joined stations
- 6 Prison sentence extended for man involved in Dunmow attack
- 7 New Dunmow and Barnston vicar thanks community for their warm welcome
- 8 Local Elections 2021: Essex County Council results for Uttlesford
- 9 Uttlesford's shops still suffer from low footfall, Google data shows
- 10 Outgoing mayor reflects on 'a Covid year' in office as he steps down