Two men and two women from Uttlesford to be sentenced for part in drugs ring
- Credit: Archant
Two men and two women from Uttlesford who were part of a cocaine supply ring along with seven others have been warned by a judge that prison sentences are “inevitable”.
Claire Hollis, 29, of Farmer Close, Little Canfield, Matthew Hunt, 31, of Windmill Close, Stansted Mountfitchet, Andrew Seaforth, 40, of Rylstone Way, Saffron Walden, and Joanne O’Brien, 27, also of Rylstone Way, Saffron Walden, were arrested in dawn drug raids last year.
The raids were carried out by the Serious and Organised Crime Squad under Operation Protract and ten of the 11 gang members pleaded guilty to charges of conspiracy to supply cocaine.
Seaforth was the only one to plead not guilty to the charges, but was unanimously convicted by a jury at Chelmsford Crown Court on July 12.
Judge Patricia Lynch QC, who adjourned sentencing for all 11 members of the gang until August 18, said: “Custodial sentences inevitably will flow from a conspiracy such as this.”
You may also want to watch:
David Matthew, prosecuting, told the jury during the Seaforth trial: “Andrew Seaforth was part of a network selling cocaine. There was a big police investigation which involved putting bugs in cars, phone investigations, undercover officers and seizures of drugs.”
Referring to the evidence against Seaforth, Mr Matthew added that financial investigations found large amounts of cash - £150,000 and £20,000 - had been paid into two bank accounts last year.
- 1 Former POW camp on council heritage list
- 2 Trees are planted in Great Bardfield
- 3 Grandmother rescued from muddy field in Little Bardfield
- 4 The benefits of the great outdoors
- 5 Covid jabs have started at Broomfield Hospital's Vaccination Hub
- 6 Covid survival rates in Essex are among worst in country
- 7 Surgeon wins top award for hip research
- 8 The Maltings – where would be we without our Friends?
- 9 Essex County Council to discuss council tax increase of up to £40
- 10 MasterChef winner Chef Webb's lockdown recipe
Others due to be sentenced are; Bradley Stantiford, 40, of Brewery Road, Hoddesdon, his partner Natalie Peirce, 31 of the same address, Louis Croke, 22, of Broomfield Avenue, Broxbourne, Jonathon Chilcott, 26, of High Street, Old Harlow, Stephen Till, 28, of The Briars, Harlow, Scott Webb, 29, of High Street, Harlow, and Claire Godden, 36, of Thorpe Terrace, Nordelph, Downham Market, Norfolk.