Two charged with motor vehicle theft and burglaries in Dunmow, Takeley, and White Roding
- Credit: Archant
Two people have been charged with nearly 40 offences following a joint operation between Essex, Nottinghamshire and Cambridgeshire Police.
Eva Rachinbachaite, 21, and 23-year-old Edgaras Stukas both of Cromwell Road, Peterborough have each been charged with 39 alleged offences of conspiracy to commit theft from a motor vehicle, burglary other and dwelling burglary offences.
The crimes are alleged to have happened in the Takeley, Little Dunmow, Dunmow and White Roding between December 29, 2014 and January 14, 2015.
The offences included 20 counts of conspiracy to commit theft from a motor vehicle, nine burglary other offences, one attempted burglary other, three dwelling burglaries and seven counts of theft from a motor vehicle.
The pair were arrested in Nottinghamshire and appeared at Mansfield Magistrates’ Court to face the charges.
You may also want to watch:
Rachinbachaite was released on conditional bail while Stukas was released on conditional bail with an electronic tag. They will next appear at Nottingham Crown Court in Nottingham on May 28, 2015.
The pair were arrested as part of a joint operation between police in Essex, Nottinghamshire and Camridgeshire, codenamed Operation Matrix.
- 1 Uttlesford Covid case rates decline means they are now the lowest in Essex
- 2 Covid-19 fast-testing centre opens in Uttlesford for asymptomatic residents
- 3 Red engraved gem from iron ring is older than was previously thought
- 4 New Local Plan: 'Housing and transport should be planned together'
- 5 Beavers help with Finchingfield's 'worst flood in 20 years'
- 6 Council row over near £1 million underspend on road repairs
- 7 Broomfield staff facing a 'battlefield scenario' in Covid fight
- 8 Housing sites sought by Uttlesford District Council
- 9 Covid jabs have started at Broomfield Hospital's Vaccination Hub
- 10 Essex County Council approves council tax increase