At the meeting on September 16, Mike Bloomfield told the committee that he had been presented with books and pictures from Trevor Heywood, a past chairman, and it was agreed that two medals and a picture would be given to the town council, whilst other it
At the meeting on September 16, Mike Bloomfield told the committee that he had been presented with books and pictures from Trevor Heywood, a past chairman, and it was agreed that two medals and a picture would be given to the town council, whilst other items would be given to the museum for display.
It was decided that books should become available initially to committee members, and then secondly to members of the twinning association. A record would be kept of the whereabouts of each book by Gaynor Jones.
All committee members agreed to write a short resumé for the website of their memories of twinning events. It was agreed that minutes of meetings would be distributed, where possible, via the web, and also to the town council.
A proposed visit to London to visit Jack the Ripper sites was being dealt with by Peter and Carol Allars - date to be arranged.
You may also want to watch:
Gaynor reported she had been approached by the Dunmow Society to sell Xmas cards. It was agreed these would be available on sale or return at the AGM.
Johanna Claridge reported the association had £788.61p in the current account and £2,529.31p in the building society account.
- 1 'That's more like it' roars Takeley's John Hedges after comfortable win in pro fight number two
- 2 Residents urged to have their say in housing consultation
- 3 No 11th hour reprieve for Finchingfield homes plan
- 4 Dogs seized and three arrested following police operation on Braintree Road, Dunmow
- 5 Two charged in connection with Dunmow burglary
- 6 Doorbell crimes in Thaxted see one ‘ripped off’ before suspect flees
- 7 Woman taken to hospital after serious accident between Takeley and Dunmow
- 8 Great Easton pub sells at auction
- 9 Rise in dog thefts during lockdown, says charity
- 10 April 12: Five pub gardens and five shops you can visit in Uttlesford
Mike Bloomfield stated he would be standing down as chairman but would like to continue on the committee. Gaynor Jones stated she would like to stand down as social secretary but remain on the committee. Volunteers welcome for the above positions.
Next meeting is at Mike Bloomfield's house on Monday, October 16.