Twinners celebrate 20 years of history
DUNMOW Twinning Association celebrated an important milestone in its history with a highly productive visit to Dourdan.
This year is the 20th anniversary of the signing of the Twinning intent and 36 twinners from Dunmow marked the occasion with an action-packed weekend in the French town.
Following the customary presentation of gifts and excellent French hospitality, the group embarked on all kinds of interesting tours, including a visit to the historic Loire valley and a morning spent exploring the splendours of Dourdan market.
There was also a champagne reception where the town’s respective mayors both spoke of the warm relations developed through twinning. The mayors exchanged gifts and committed to furthering the partnership, especially by developing exchanges for young people.
To round off the weekend, a 20th anniversary dinner was held at a nearby prestigious golf club.
You may also want to watch:
A spokesman for the Dunmow Twinners said: “We arrived home tired but happy, and well aware that twinning can become addictive. You make lifelong friends.”
The next twinning event is a ‘Barbecue and Moore’ starting at noon on Sunday July 4, taking place in Much Hadham, Tickets are available from David Aldridge on 01371 873673.
- 1 Dunmow's Flitch and Chips named as one of the UK's 10 best
- 2 Dunmow businesses delighted to be back as lockdown eases
- 3 Prince Philip death: Uttlesford service and Garden of Remembrance
- 4 Revealed: Essex hospital treatment waiting time data
- 5 Dunmow tributes to Prince Philip, Duke of Edinburgh
- 6 Lionel the Giant Perch is 'the perfect addition'
- 7 Takeley virtual consultation opens
- 8 Lockdown easing: 'Shop abuse will not be tolerated'
- 9 Ram-raid gang member absconds from Suffolk jail
- 10 No 11th hour reprieve for Finchingfield homes plan