Twinners celebrate 20 years of history
DUNMOW Twinning Association celebrated an important milestone in its history with a highly productive visit to Dourdan.
This year is the 20th anniversary of the signing of the Twinning intent and 36 twinners from Dunmow marked the occasion with an action-packed weekend in the French town.
Following the customary presentation of gifts and excellent French hospitality, the group embarked on all kinds of interesting tours, including a visit to the historic Loire valley and a morning spent exploring the splendours of Dourdan market.
There was also a champagne reception where the town’s respective mayors both spoke of the warm relations developed through twinning. The mayors exchanged gifts and committed to furthering the partnership, especially by developing exchanges for young people.
To round off the weekend, a 20th anniversary dinner was held at a nearby prestigious golf club.
You may also want to watch:
A spokesman for the Dunmow Twinners said: “We arrived home tired but happy, and well aware that twinning can become addictive. You make lifelong friends.”
The next twinning event is a ‘Barbecue and Moore’ starting at noon on Sunday July 4, taking place in Much Hadham, Tickets are available from David Aldridge on 01371 873673.
- 1 Pedestrian dies following Dunmow collision
- 2 Man dies after Roxwell collision, police confirm
- 3 Community trees and bulbs to help tackle climate change
- 4 Essex Police issues update on Katie Price's alleged assault
- 5 Interest in women and girls cricket rises following anniversary event
- 6 Dunmow's Macmillan coffee and cake success despite stolen banner
- 7 Felsted collision: Motorcyclist seriously injured
- 8 Man admits to causing death by dangerous driving after B184 collision
- 9 New chemotherapy centre at Broomfield Hospital is 'fantastic'
- 10 M11 targeted in week of motorway protests