TV star Gary Lucy heads up guests at new salon
A GLITTERING new salon brought in the crowds on Wednesday night, as the Mens Room was opened by actor Gary Lucy. The new owners, John and Caroline Juniper, officially opened the beauty and hair boutique on Angel Lane and called in a few favours from a cel
A GLITTERING new salon brought in the crowds on Wednesday night, as the Mens Room was opened by actor Gary Lucy.
The new owners, John and Caroline Juniper, officially opened the beauty and hair boutique on Angel Lane and called in a few favours from a celebrity they have known for years.
Mr Juniper said: "I met Gary when I was about 15 when we used to live in the same town. It is great to have him down here and give our great new businesses a sparkling start."
The night had everything synonymous with the arrival of a special guest - free canap�s were passed around and champagne was drunk by well-dressed clientele.
You may also want to watch:
Head barber Gary Reeve, who has been hairdressing in the town for 24 years, said: "It was a great evening and it is a very exciting time for us all. Around 100 people turned up on the night so I hope that is a sign of things to come."
Gary Lucy is famous for his roles in Hollyoaks, Footballers Wives and, most recently, The Bill. Ironically he was appearing in The Bill on ITV at exactly the same time as helping to cut the ribbon at the opening.
- 1 Pets Corner: It's time to get your dog back to training class
- 2 Revealed: The progress made so far to create a new business park
- 3 Chelmsford beer festival cancelled for 2021 by Covid concerns
- 4 Braintree council installs further electric vehicle charging points
- 5 7 of the prettiest villages in north-west Essex
- 6 In pictures: Uttlesford pupils' fun before the summer holidays
- 7 Stebbing on the verge of becoming 'small town', residents fear
- 8 Lamborghini v Ferrari at Petrolheadonism.Club's Supercar Sunday event at The Warren Estate in Essex
- 9 Coronavirus rates in Essex are doubling every 10 days
- 10 Residents hand water to stranded drivers after fatal M11 crash
IS this a new boost for the town centre? Let us know at www.dunmowbroadcast24.com or write to us at 54 High Street, Saffron Walden, Essex, CM10 1EE.