TV star Gary Lucy heads up guests at new salon
A GLITTERING new salon brought in the crowds on Wednesday night, as the Mens Room was opened by actor Gary Lucy. The new owners, John and Caroline Juniper, officially opened the beauty and hair boutique on Angel Lane and called in a few favours from a cel
A GLITTERING new salon brought in the crowds on Wednesday night, as the Mens Room was opened by actor Gary Lucy.
The new owners, John and Caroline Juniper, officially opened the beauty and hair boutique on Angel Lane and called in a few favours from a celebrity they have known for years.
Mr Juniper said: "I met Gary when I was about 15 when we used to live in the same town. It is great to have him down here and give our great new businesses a sparkling start."
The night had everything synonymous with the arrival of a special guest - free canap�s were passed around and champagne was drunk by well-dressed clientele.
You may also want to watch:
Head barber Gary Reeve, who has been hairdressing in the town for 24 years, said: "It was a great evening and it is a very exciting time for us all. Around 100 people turned up on the night so I hope that is a sign of things to come."
Gary Lucy is famous for his roles in Hollyoaks, Footballers Wives and, most recently, The Bill. Ironically he was appearing in The Bill on ITV at exactly the same time as helping to cut the ribbon at the opening.
- 1 New cycle network consultation announced
- 2 Uttlesford District Council chief executive is stepping down
- 3 Prison sentence extended for man involved in Dunmow attack
- 4 Outgoing mayor reflects on 'a Covid year' in office as he steps down
- 5 The Stansted couple on an #HDHike for Huntington's disease
- 6 Dunmow Cricket Club at 125 years and launch of Project Pavilion
- 7 Things to do in May: Open Day for Gardens of Easton Lodge
- 8 Local Elections 2021: Essex County Council results for Uttlesford
- 9 Lockdown eases: new mayor and new Priest join drive-in concert
- 10 Is former Love Island star Carl Woods moving to Bardfield?
IS this a new boost for the town centre? Let us know at www.dunmowbroadcast24.com or write to us at 54 High Street, Saffron Walden, Essex, CM10 1EE.