Tribute evening for former Dunmow Players vice-chairman
A TRIBUTE evening will be held this summer in memory of a former vice-chairman of the Dunmow Players.
Susan Millard will be honoured by the reformed Pavilion Players at a fundraising night at Little Hadham Village Hall on June 29 and 30.
Her husband Tony, said: “Sue started her interest in amateur operatics over 30 years ago. She joined Bishop’s Stortford Amateur Operatics Society and took on various roles including Grandmother Tzeitel in Fiddler on the Roof.”
Mrs Millard was diagnosed with ovarian cancer in early 2010. She was the Dunmow Players’ vice-chairman until her illness, and was the instigator of Dunmow Players’ successful Variety Music Halls, raising a considerable sum of money for the group.
“She battled through surgery and various rounds of chemotherapy, until finally the illness beat her in July 2011, Mr Millard added. “She left a loving husband, three children and five beautiful grandchildren.”
You may also want to watch:
Mrs Millard, who loved music halls and amateur operatics, became a popular member of the Pavilion Players and enjoyed sketches with songs and humour. She continued to entertain crowds in the area until the group disbanded in 2005.
The tribute shows will be held in Mrs Millard’s honour by past members of the Pavilion Players and friends. They will begin at 7.30pm on the Friday and Saturday, with doors opening at 7pm.
- 1 New cycle network consultation announced
- 2 Uttlesford District Council chief executive is stepping down
- 3 Prison sentence extended for man involved in Dunmow attack
- 4 Dunmow Cricket Club at 125 years and launch of Project Pavilion
- 5 The Stansted couple on an #HDHike for Huntington's disease
- 6 Outgoing mayor reflects on 'a Covid year' in office as he steps down
- 7 Things to do in May: Open Day for Gardens of Easton Lodge
- 8 Local Elections 2021: Essex County Council results for Uttlesford
- 9 Is former Love Island star Carl Woods moving to Bardfield?
- 10 Lockdown eases: new mayor and new Priest join drive-in concert
All money raised from ticket sales, raffle and refreshments will go to St Clare Hospice.
Tickets, priced �15 per person, are available by ringing Mr Millard on 01279 652805 or Caroline Dimond on 01279 814385.