Trees are planted in Great Bardfield
- Credit: submitted
Trees have been planted in the middle of Great Bardfield, on the grass area opposite the primary school.
Julia and Andrew Collins and Louisa Ruthven dug them into the ground. Normally a tree planting occasion would involve more members of the community but Julia said they had been limited because of the Covid pandemic and the need for social distancing.
Julia said it seemed a good spot as it was just grass and the trees will make the area look nicer.
She said: "My husband met the parish clerk and two of the parish councillors and agreed where they would plant the trees."
Money from three sources has made the tree planting possible - the Music in the Garden event, the parish council, and a donation.
You may also want to watch:
The trees are Whitebeam Lutescens, three Rowan (Mountain Ash), Paul’s Scarlet Double Hawthorn, Crab Apple John Downie, Autumn Flowering Cherry and two Purple Leaved Plums.
- 1 New Hylands Estate parking charges explained
- 2 School receives copies of Grandad's Lost His Glasses
- 3 Katie Price's alleged attacker re-bailed into November, police confirm
- 4 One arrest after harassment complaints in Halstead
- 5 Scouts jamboree fun covers radio skills to Morse Code
- 6 Covid booster vaccinations scheme is rolling out at pace
- 7 Fond farewell to Sweetland's butchers after 69 years in the trade
- 8 Revealed: why some Uttlesford car park machines no longer take cash
- 9 Wethersfield to house nearly 3,500 prisoners in government plan
- 10 Creamfields Chelmsford 2022 tickets to go on sale this month