Trees are planted in Great Bardfield
- Credit: submitted
Trees have been planted in the middle of Great Bardfield, on the grass area opposite the primary school.
Julia and Andrew Collins and Louisa Ruthven dug them into the ground. Normally a tree planting occasion would involve more members of the community but Julia said they had been limited because of the Covid pandemic and the need for social distancing.
Julia said it seemed a good spot as it was just grass and the trees will make the area look nicer.
She said: "My husband met the parish clerk and two of the parish councillors and agreed where they would plant the trees."
Money from three sources has made the tree planting possible - the Music in the Garden event, the parish council, and a donation.
You may also want to watch:
The trees are Whitebeam Lutescens, three Rowan (Mountain Ash), Paul’s Scarlet Double Hawthorn, Crab Apple John Downie, Autumn Flowering Cherry and two Purple Leaved Plums.
- 1 New cycle network consultation announced
- 2 Dunmow and Stansted councillors not in new Essex County Council cabinet
- 3 Outgoing mayor reflects on 'a Covid year' in office as he steps down
- 4 Uttlesford District Council chief executive is stepping down
- 5 Prison sentence extended for man involved in Dunmow attack
- 6 Lockdown eases: new mayor and new Priest join drive-in concert
- 7 Local Elections 2021: Essex County Council results for Uttlesford
- 8 Uttlesford's shops still suffer from low footfall, Google data shows
- 9 Is former Love Island star Carl Woods moving to Bardfield?
- 10 The Stansted couple on an #HDHike for Huntington's disease