Travel scheme celebrates 10th birthday
A GENEROUS donation of £200 from the Dunmow Round Table will help ensure that a forthcoming community event runs smoothly. Uttlesford Community Travel (UCT) was delighted to receive the contribution, which will be put towards their evening of light entert
A GENEROUS donation of £200 from the Dunmow Round Table will help ensure that a forthcoming community event runs smoothly.
Uttlesford Community Travel (UCT) was delighted to receive the contribution, which will be put towards their evening of light entertainment event in the Foakes Hall in Dunmow next Friday (September 7).
Steve Biddlecombe, one of the UCT trustees, said: "This year marks the 10th anniversary of Uttlesford Community Travel.
"This vital service, which gives eligible residents of Uttlesford the ability to travel around the district at an affordable cost, came into being in March 1997.
You may also want to watch:
"In those 10 years it has allowed residents of Uttlesford who are over 60, or disabled, or rurally isolated, to become members, giving them the mobility to make medical appointments, go shopping or visit friends.
"We now run a total of eight vehicles of various sizes to accommodate individuals or groups and the disabled.
- 1 Grange Farm & Dunmow Runners delighted to be back at actual races
- 2 There's a rainbow in the woods outside Thaxted
- 3 Standing for election for a seat on Essex County Council on May 6, 2021
- 4 Delight at repairs grant which will also support specialist building trade
- 5 Pay It Forward brings joy to Dunmow community
- 6 Survey reveals Uttlesford fears of fourth national Covid lockdown
- 7 Maisie the schnoodle returns to care home after year of 'fur'-lough
- 8 Dunmow's Flitch and Chips named as one of the UK's 10 best
- 9 Dunmow businesses delighted to be back as lockdown eases
- 10 Join Pam on sponsored 'walkies' for Guide Dogs
"The contribution from Dunmow Round Table will go towards the costs of organising and running the light entertainment event and is much appreciated.