Disruptive passenger caused chaos to trains
- Credit: Greater Anglia
A disruptive passenger who blocked train doors caused peak-time chaos at Stansted Mountfitchet yesterday (Tuesday, April 27).
The passenger was on the 6.58am train from London Liverpool Street to Cambridge. Their actions caused the train to terminate early at Stansted by 7.52am.
Passengers waiting for London-bound trains reported that pupils from Joyce Frankland Academy, Newport and Saffron Walden County High School were left waiting due to the disruption.
Northbound trains were disrupted for approximately one hour, leaving some Stansted Airport services cancelled until 10.08am.
A spokesperson for Greater Anglia said: “Obstructing the doors causes unnecessary delays to passengers as safety checks needs to be made before the train can continue.
You may also want to watch:
“Anyone who witnesses this behaviour on our trains should contact a member of rail staff or the British Transport Police immediately.”
They added: "Any customers who were affected can claim delay repay compensation via our website."
The delay repay form is online: https://www.greateranglia.co.uk/about-us/our-performance/delay-repay.
- 1 Pets Corner: It's time to get your dog back to training class
- 2 Chelmsford beer festival cancelled for 2021 by Covid concerns
- 3 Revealed: The progress made so far to create a new business park
- 4 Braintree council installs further electric vehicle charging points
- 5 7 of the prettiest villages in north-west Essex
- 6 In pictures: Uttlesford pupils' fun before the summer holidays
- 7 Revealed: almost 300 possible new development sites are submitted
- 8 Dunmow mayor sets out summer programme set to unite community
- 9 Lamborghini v Ferrari at Petrolheadonism.Club's Supercar Sunday event at The Warren Estate in Essex
- 10 Coronavirus rates in Essex are doubling every 10 days