Motorcyclist from Rayne dies in collision
- Credit: Archant
Police are appealing for witnesses after a fatal collision near Fyfield.
Emergency services were called to an incident involving a motorbike on the B184 Ongar Road near Herons Lane shortly before 8pm yesterday (Tuesday, August 8).
Despite paramedics' best efforts, a 47-year-old motorcyclist from Rayne died at the scene.
His pillion rider, a 17-year-old woman from Brentwood, was taken to Addenbrooke's Hospital in Cambridge with injuries described as potentially life-changing.
Essex Police appealed for dashcam and doorbell footage of the incident.
An Essex Police spokesperson said: "We need anyone in the area to check their CCTV, dashcam and doorbell cameras to see if they have caught any footage which may have captured either the incident or the moments before or after it."
Police are now appealing for the driver of a small white Ford Escort van to come forward.
Information can be submitted online at https://www.essex.police.uk.
- 1 A12 upgrade: 'The people who live here are not being considered'
- 2 Flexi parking ticket rolled out for hybrid commuters
- 3 Man dies after Roxwell collision, police confirm
- 4 Hatfield Heath air disaster memorial 'a symbol of UK-US unity'
- 5 Helena Romanes homes plan 'harmful urbanisation' says council
- 6 Pedestrian dies following Dunmow collision
- 7 Moth night celebrates Dunmow's autumn biodiversity
- 8 Saffron Walden actress Tamara Lee Smart to star as Marilyn Monroe for one night in rehearsed play reading
- 9 Cash boost for plan to plant 350,000 trees in Essex
- 10 Thaxted Gardening and Craft Show winners revealed
Quote incident 1189 of August 11.
Anybody with information can also phone 101 or Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.