Felsted collision: Motorcyclist seriously injured
- Credit: Supplied by SN
A motorcyclist has been seriously injured during a collision in Felsted this morning.
A van and a motorcyclist collided on Braintree Road, Felsted at around 9am today (September 9).
The motorcyclist, a man in his 20s, was taken to Addenbrooke's Hospital, Cambridge. His condition was described as "life threatening" this afternoon.
The East of England Ambulance Service was at the scene.
A spokesperson for the ambulance service said: "We sent the Hazardous Area Response Team, an ambulance, rapid response vehicle and Essex and Herts Air Ambulance.
"One person was taken to Addenbrooke's Hospital by land ambulance for further care."
Essex Police is appealing for witnesses who can contact officers online at https://www.essex.police.uk or by using the 'Live Chat' button between 7am and 11pm.
Witnesses can also call 101 and cite incident 310 of September 9, or call independent charity Crimestoppers on 0800 555 111.
- 1 Great Dunmow man jailed for 14 years
- 2 Assault in Dunmow's Tesco car park
- 3 Plans for 18 houses in Countryside Protection Zone near Stansted Airport
- 4 Sir Tom Jones to play Heritage Live concert at Audley End House & Gardens in Saffron Walden
- 5 Court imposes five year ban on shoplifter
- 6 Great Dunmow Town Council will be asked to declare 'climate emergency'
- 7 Penalty save and late winner moves High Easter up the table
- 8 Fight breaks out near Great Notley as man reportedly seen with a gun
- 9 Campaigners quiz council over its Wethersfield prisons letters
- 10 In pictures: the cute animals in January's Pets' Corner