Minibuses are transporting residents to Covid jab appointments
- Credit: Uttlesford Community Travel
An Uttlesford charity is providing a shot of support to the Covid vaccination programme.
Uttlesford Community Travel is transporting residents to appointments at Stansted Health Centre, the Lord Butler Leisure Centre in Saffron Walden and Basildon Hospital.
The transport service is being used by the over-60s, the disabled, those unable to access public transport, or those with no public transport because of rural isolation.
UCT is also available to take people to other medical appointments and other transport needs such as shopping and transporting key workers.
General manager Malcolm Barrell said: “We don’t want people worrying about getting to their appointments, so our minibuses are standing by to provide transport for our residents. We are here to help in these unprecedented times.”
You may also want to watch:
Minibuses have been converted to ensure passenger safety, with features such as screens.
For further information and to book your journey call 01371 875787 or 01799 519008.
- 1 In pictures: Fun at the 2021 Great Dunmow Teddy Bears' picnic
- 2 In pictures: Post box knitting celebrates Tokyo 2020 Olympics and Tom Daley
- 3 Cows rescued after A120 collision
- 4 Disabled resident compensated after Uttlesford council 'fault'
- 5 Jobs boost for community as Dunmow's Caremark sees demand surge
- 6 Stansted Airport's summer getaway flight figures
- 7 Cambridge Country Show promises 'something for everybody'
- 8 Thieves swap elderly hospital patient’s ‘precious’ rings with tin bands
- 9 Former Tring Athletic boss Kevin Christou named as new manager at Dunmow Town
- 10 Chelmsford beer festival cancelled for 2021 by Covid concerns