Minibuses are transporting residents to Covid jab appointments
- Credit: Uttlesford Community Travel
An Uttlesford charity is providing a shot of support to the Covid vaccination programme.
Uttlesford Community Travel is transporting residents to appointments at Stansted Health Centre, the Lord Butler Leisure Centre in Saffron Walden and Basildon Hospital.
The transport service is being used by the over-60s, the disabled, those unable to access public transport, or those with no public transport because of rural isolation.
UCT is also available to take people to other medical appointments and other transport needs such as shopping and transporting key workers.
General manager Malcolm Barrell said: “We don’t want people worrying about getting to their appointments, so our minibuses are standing by to provide transport for our residents. We are here to help in these unprecedented times.”
You may also want to watch:
Minibuses have been converted to ensure passenger safety, with features such as screens.
For further information and to book your journey call 01371 875787 or 01799 519008.
- 1 Dunmow's Flitch and Chips named as one of the UK's 10 best
- 2 Dunmow businesses delighted to be back as lockdown eases
- 3 Takeley virtual consultation opens
- 4 Prince Philip death: Uttlesford service and Garden of Remembrance
- 5 Lionel the Giant Perch is 'the perfect addition'
- 6 Great Easton pub sells at auction
- 7 Dogs seized and three arrested following police operation on Braintree Road, Dunmow
- 8 Town council challenges water softening decision
- 9 Two charged in connection with Dunmow burglary
- 10 Ram-raid gang member absconds from Suffolk jail