Flexi parking ticket rolled out for hybrid commuters
- Credit: Saffron Photo
Commuters who travel by train can now use a flexible car parking pass at some East Anglian stations.
Rail operator Greater Anglia has rolled out its new parking pass at 23 station car parks in the region, including Whittlesford Parkway, Audley End, Cambridge and Chelmsford.
The ticket gives passengers eight parking sessions which can be used on any day - without the need to pre-book - up to 28 days after buying the ticket.
The arrangement matches the new Flexi Season ticket rolled out by the rail operator earlier this year.
Simone Bailey, of Greater Anglia, said: "As we all know, the pandemic has changed working patterns.
"With commuters expected to continue working from home for part of the working week, this flexible parking season ticket ideal."
Ticket prices vary at each of the 23 stations, the rail operator said.
- 1 Takeley car park could be turned into houses
- 2 Essex fire crews tackle around 70 incidents in three-hour window after rain
- 3 Essex A-level results 2022: Students celebrate grades
- 4 Date set for RideLondon 2023
- 5 Residents raise concerns over developer's 'unacceptable' water use
- 6 Recap: Tree on the tracks disrupts London, Stansted and Cambridge trains
- 7 New environmental services depot opens in Little Canfield
- 8 IN PICTURES: Sir Tom Jones' Heritage Live concert at Audley End House & Gardens
- 9 Overnight closures planned for electrical works on M11 junction
- 10 Upcoming changes to bus routes in Great Dunmow
The pass can be used at:
- Audley End
- Bishops Stortford
- Cambridge North
- Harlow Town
- Hatfield Peverel
- Marks Tey
- Whittlesford Parkway