Traffic impact as business park work continues
- Credit: Braintree District Council
Work to create the new Horizon 120 business and innovation park at Great Notley will have some impact on traffic from January onwards.
Construction work will be carried out on and near the Cuckoo Way roundabout. Balfour Beatty will close the northbound inside lane of the A131 at the Cuckoo Way roundabout for four weeks, starting from Monday, January 4. The outside lane will remain open to traffic and drivers will still be able to turn right into the Tesco superstore.
The section of road on Cuckoo Way, opposite Tesco, will also be closed to traffic from Monday, January 18 for six weeks. The footpaths will remain open and diversion signs will be in place.
The closures is so that Balfour Beatty can install a foul water main for the businesses relocating to the new business and innovation park. The construction work involves creating small bore tunnels which avoids the need to dig up the roads and footpaths.
A Braintree District Council spokesperson said: “We want to make sure that workers working near the roads are safe which is why restricting traffic to one lane and closing a small part of the road on Cuckoo Way to drivers is essential.
You may also want to watch:
"We suggest that drivers allow extra time for journeys and that residents living on or near Cuckoo Way find alternative ways of getting to and from home.
"We apologise for the inconvenience and would like to thank residents for their patience and understanding as this change begins.”
- 1 Court sentence for Dunmow knife attacker, guilty of attempted murder
- 2 Chelmsford bypass 'could provide strategic link' to Stansted Airport
- 3 Council agrees to 'complicated' parking charges at Hylands Park
- 4 An afternoon at the Proms for Mountfitchet House residents
- 5 First 'building block' of Harlow town centre major regeneration approved
- 6 Book exchange opens in Dunmow
- 7 Creamfields Chelmsford 2022 tickets to go on sale this month
- 8 Minute silence at council meeting for 'kind-hearted' Uttlesford officer
- 9 Tributes paid to PC Tris Baker who died in Roxwell collision
- 10 Rural ramblers efforts for Helen Rollason Cancer Charity