Cyclist dies after collision near The Notleys
- Credit: Essex Police
A cyclist in his 60s has sadly died after a collision in the Notley area.
Two cyclists and a driver were involved in a collision in Fairstead shortly before 10.30am on Sunday (January 9).
Emergency services attended the incident, but the cyclist was pronounced dead at the scene.
A second cyclist sustained injuries to his face.
A 65-year-old man from South Woodham Ferrers, near Chelmsford, has been arrested on suspicion of causing death by dangerous driving.
The road was closed for several hours after the collision.
Essex Police is appealing for dashcam footage or witnesses.
Anybody with information can submit a report to Essex Police online: https://www.essex.police.uk
- 1 Care home visitor limits to be lifted next week
- 2 Stansted Airport boss confident that passenger numbers will rally
- 3 Uttlesford District Council row over £4m 'black hole'
- 4 Environmental action: Dunmow boutique Wardrobe holding eco-swap
- 5 Dunmow St Mary's pupils scoop 14 medals in school sport series
- 6 Firefighters rescue curious cat from Great Notley drainpipe
- 7 Road building not the answer to Essex's transport woes, says campaigner
- 8 Matt leads a breaktime recital at Felsted School
- 9 A look back: the fun times in Wethersfield remembered
- 10 Barnston Res pick up vital win while Dunmow impress against Daggers
They can also use the ‘Live Chat’ facility or the 101 phone number, quoting incident 336 of January 9.
Witnesses can also contact Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.