Cyclist dies after collision near The Notleys
- Credit: Essex Police
A cyclist in his 60s has sadly died after a collision in the Notley area.
Two cyclists and a driver were involved in a collision in Fairstead shortly before 10.30am on Sunday (January 9).
Emergency services attended the incident, but the cyclist was pronounced dead at the scene.
A second cyclist sustained injuries to his face.
A 65-year-old man from South Woodham Ferrers, near Chelmsford, has been arrested on suspicion of causing death by dangerous driving.
The road was closed for several hours after the collision.
Essex Police is appealing for dashcam footage or witnesses.
Anybody with information can submit a report to Essex Police online: https://www.essex.police.uk
- 1 RideLondon 5 year plan: 900 object to district road closures
- 2 Great Dunmow and High Easter take centre stage as Women's Tour of Britain hits town
- 3 New Mayors and deputies in Saffron Walden and Great Dunmow
- 4 Home county tenant exodus drives up London rents
- 5 Met Office weather: Yellow storm and flood warning for East of England
- 6 High Easter hit magnificent seven after second-half goal blitz
- 7 A giant snail, sporting success and other school news
- 8 Voting together: Lib Dems and Greens join forces
- 9 From meat in supermarkets to beer in pubs - what is getting more expensive?
- 10 243 Takeley homes granted outline approval despite concerns
They can also use the ‘Live Chat’ facility or the 101 phone number, quoting incident 336 of January 9.
Witnesses can also contact Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.