Cows rescued after A120 collision
- Credit: Facebook/Saffron Walden Fire Station
Three cows have been rescued from an overturned trailer.
Fire crews from Great Dunmow and Saffron Walden received reports of an overturned Land Rover and trailer on the A120 eastbound yesterday (Tuesday, July 27).
The driver escaped, but firefighters and the animal rescue crew from Chelmsford worked to release three cows from the wreckage.
Firefighters worked alongside members of the farming community and a vet to make sure the cows were safe.
A Saffron Walden Fire Station spokesperson said: "After the cows were checked out by a vet, crews used rescue cutting equipment to release them.
"A bovine recovery unit was also sent to remove the cows off of the dual carriageway.
"The A120 was closed in both directions by police whilst the cows were safely transferred to an awaiting transporter.
- 1 RideLondon: The Uttlesford road closures list
- 2 'Ace line' drug dealer is jailed
- 3 Dunmow Rovers Tigers Under 10s celebrate 'fantastic result'
- 4 RideLondon 5 year plan: 900 object to district road closures
- 5 Could you be named the Essex Young Musician of the Year?
- 6 Scammer conned North Essex man out of £6,000
- 7 Extra trains to Tottenham Hotspur Stadium for Betfred Challenge Cup final
- 8 Obituary: Michael Hitchcock was known as 'Mr Bardfield'
- 9 Every household in the UK to get £400 to help with rising energy bills
- 10 Explained: What the cost of living support package means for you
"A good team effort by all which thankfully had a happy ending."