Commuter chaos: two A120 incidents within 13 hours
- Credit: Google
The A120 was closed at rush hour on Wednesday evening and Thursday morning (June 30-July 1) after two separate incidents.
Shortly after 4.20pm yesterday, an air ambulance landed near the A120 to assist in a major crash involving a car and a van.
The vehicles collided on the westbound carriageway between the B1008 (Dunmow South) and B1256 (Dunmow West) junctions.
A spokesperson for the East of England Ambulance Service said: "One patient was taken to Addenbrooke's Hospital by land ambulance for further care.
"We sent the Hazardous Area Response Team (HART), two ambulances, an ambulance officer and Essex and Herts Air Ambulance."
You may also want to watch:
The road was reopened before 8pm.
At 5.27am today, a lorry left the A120 eastbound carriageway between Dunmow South and the B1256 near Braintree.
- 1 New Hylands Estate parking charges explained
- 2 Chelmsford bypass 'could provide strategic link' to Stansted Airport
- 3 Valentine's Flitch Ball to take place this February
- 4 Who can get a Covid booster jab and how can I book one?
- 5 Creamfields Chelmsford 2022 tickets to go on sale this month
- 6 School receives copies of Grandad's Lost His Glasses
- 7 One arrest after harassment complaints in Halstead
- 8 New solar farm policy 'ducks the main issues', say campaigners
- 9 Could we face coronavirus restrictions over Christmas?
- 10 Katie Price's alleged attacker re-bailed into November, police confirm
One lane was closed at 8.01am, which then became a fully closed road.
No injuries were reported and the vehicle was recovered by 9.46am.