Traditional continental market comes to Great Dunmow
THE delights of continental shopping come to Dunmow s Market Place on Saturday (June 6) from 9am to 6pm. There will be 20 market stalls on offer and traders from France, Belgium, Italy, Spain, Holland and Poland will be wearing traditional costumes. For f
THE delights of continental shopping come to Dunmow's Market Place on Saturday (June 6) from 9am to 6pm.
There will be 20 market stalls on offer and traders from France, Belgium, Italy, Spain, Holland and Poland will be wearing traditional costumes.
For food lovers there will be a chance to buy a whole range of delights including Brittany biscuits, olives, Swedish cider, Italian nougat, pungent cheeses, aromatic garlic, saucissons, Tartiflette from the Alps, charcuteris, fresh breads, croissants, bagels and much more.
For those wanting something a bit stronger there will be a range of Normandy ciders and calvados to ward off the spring chill.
As well as the fine edible goods, visitors will also be able to choose from a wide range of products such as hand bags and leather items, Marseille soaps, lavender, children's toys and pachminas.
Most of the products on sale will come from 'the terroir' (the land) of the stall holder, where they are produced by small organisations such as family businesses, farms or small factories using traditional methods, maintaining a high standard of quality.
- 1 RideLondon: The Uttlesford road closures list
- 2 'Ace line' drug dealer is jailed
- 3 Extra trains to Tottenham Hotspur Stadium for Betfred Challenge Cup final
- 4 Dunmow Rovers Tigers Under 10s celebrate 'fantastic result'
- 5 RideLondon 5 year plan: 900 object to district road closures
- 6 Scammer conned North Essex man out of £6,000
- 7 Could you be named the Essex Young Musician of the Year?
- 8 Obituary: Michael Hitchcock was known as 'Mr Bardfield'
- 9 Every household in the UK to get £400 to help with rising energy bills
- 10 Explained: What the cost of living support package means for you
Market Place will be closed off to traffic for the duration of the market