Traditional continental market comes to Great Dunmow
THE delights of continental shopping come to Dunmow s Market Place on Saturday (June 6) from 9am to 6pm. There will be 20 market stalls on offer and traders from France, Belgium, Italy, Spain, Holland and Poland will be wearing traditional costumes. For f
THE delights of continental shopping come to Dunmow's Market Place on Saturday (June 6) from 9am to 6pm.
There will be 20 market stalls on offer and traders from France, Belgium, Italy, Spain, Holland and Poland will be wearing traditional costumes.
For food lovers there will be a chance to buy a whole range of delights including Brittany biscuits, olives, Swedish cider, Italian nougat, pungent cheeses, aromatic garlic, saucissons, Tartiflette from the Alps, charcuteris, fresh breads, croissants, bagels and much more.
For those wanting something a bit stronger there will be a range of Normandy ciders and calvados to ward off the spring chill.
You may also want to watch:
As well as the fine edible goods, visitors will also be able to choose from a wide range of products such as hand bags and leather items, Marseille soaps, lavender, children's toys and pachminas.
Most of the products on sale will come from 'the terroir' (the land) of the stall holder, where they are produced by small organisations such as family businesses, farms or small factories using traditional methods, maintaining a high standard of quality.
- 1 A12 upgrade: 'The people who live here are not being considered'
- 2 Man dies after Roxwell collision, police confirm
- 3 Pedestrian dies following Dunmow collision
- 4 Helena Romanes homes plan 'harmful urbanisation' says council
- 5 'Gastro-Glastonbury' Foodies Festival coming to Hylands Park in Chelmsford
- 6 Festive Christmas markets to visit in Essex, 2021
- 7 Blue-green algae proves fatal for Doctor's Pond fish
- 8 Man admits to causing death by dangerous driving after B184 collision
- 9 Essex Police issues update on Katie Price's alleged assault
- 10 Dunmow's Macmillan coffee and cake success despite stolen banner
Market Place will be closed off to traffic for the duration of the market