TOWIE fans help raise over £8,000 for four Essex charities
- Credit: Supplied by Blitzkids Radio/VIP HQ
TOWIE fans helped raise £8,610 for four Essex charities over the Bank Holiday weekend.
A two-day broadcast on digital radio station Blitzkids raised £4,610, with the rest from a star-studded Billericay football match.
The event was organised by Blitzkids Radio and VIP HQ gym.
A portion of the cash will go towards Mid and North Essex Mind, which supports people facing mental health crises around Braintree and Chelmsford.
Jenny MacPherson of Mid and North Essex Mind said: "We want to say a big thank you to the organisers and our supporters for such an amazing achievement, particularly at this difficult time."
Funds were also raised for Dogs Trust Basildon, Harp Homelessness, Southend, and Haven House Children's Hospice, Woodford Green.
You may also want to watch:
Blitzkids' Ryan Lewis said: "The weekend was a huge success.
"It really does exemplify what Essex is about and can achieve when the community comes together."
- 1 A12 upgrade: 'The people who live here are not being considered'
- 2 Flexi parking ticket rolled out for hybrid commuters
- 3 Man dies after Roxwell collision, police confirm
- 4 Hatfield Heath air disaster memorial 'a symbol of UK-US unity'
- 5 Helena Romanes homes plan 'harmful urbanisation' says council
- 6 Pedestrian dies following Dunmow collision
- 7 Moth night celebrates Dunmow's autumn biodiversity
- 8 Saffron Walden actress Tamara Lee Smart to star as Marilyn Monroe for one night in rehearsed play reading
- 9 Cash boost for plan to plant 350,000 trees in Essex
- 10 Thaxted Gardening and Craft Show winners revealed