Tourist information centre moved into town library
A TOURIST information centre has found a new home thanks to hard work from dedicated councillors and a new agreement with a town’s library.
Staff at Great Dunmow’s �1million reading and book facility have agreed a partnership arrangement allowing Dunmow Town Council to run its info centre within the library building.
Previously the centre was housed in Banana Travel in Market Place, but a lack of customers and exposure forced the council to look elsewhere. White Street fits the bill.
A council spokesman said: “Our new location is right in the heart of the town and importantly in the new town square.
“The office is not just for tourists though, it provides all sorts of information for local people and visitors to the town.”
You may also want to watch:
The new location is not costing the council, and therefore the taxpayer, any more money than the original location, and is being funded annually at around �2000.
Opening hours are Monday to Saturday, 10am to 1pm. Call 07519 585894 or e-mail email@example.com.
- 1 Lionel the Giant Perch is 'the perfect addition'
- 2 Town council challenges water softening decision
- 3 Dunmow tributes to Prince Philip, Duke of Edinburgh
- 4 Takeley virtual consultation opens
- 5 Lockdown easing: 'Shop abuse will not be tolerated'
- 6 Ram-raid gang member absconds from Suffolk jail
- 7 Boy George and Culture Club announce Audley End concert
- 8 Online Young Musician competition launched by Dunmow Rotarians
- 9 They're record breakers! Self-test attracts worldwide support
- 10 Dogs seized and three arrested following police operation on Braintree Road, Dunmow
Volunteers are still needed to man the desk. If you are interested contact the town council on 01371 872406.