Tourist information centre moved into town library
A TOURIST information centre has found a new home thanks to hard work from dedicated councillors and a new agreement with a town’s library.
Staff at Great Dunmow’s �1million reading and book facility have agreed a partnership arrangement allowing Dunmow Town Council to run its info centre within the library building.
Previously the centre was housed in Banana Travel in Market Place, but a lack of customers and exposure forced the council to look elsewhere. White Street fits the bill.
A council spokesman said: “Our new location is right in the heart of the town and importantly in the new town square.
“The office is not just for tourists though, it provides all sorts of information for local people and visitors to the town.”
You may also want to watch:
The new location is not costing the council, and therefore the taxpayer, any more money than the original location, and is being funded annually at around �2000.
Opening hours are Monday to Saturday, 10am to 1pm. Call 07519 585894 or e-mail email@example.com.
- 1 Housing sites sought by Uttlesford District Council
- 2 Hot lunches to support more vulnerable in community
- 3 Beavers help with Finchingfield's 'worst flood in 20 years'
- 4 Seventh flood in Great Bardfield breaks pavement
- 5 Dolly the pig gets help after getting stuck in the mud
- 6 Man jailed for at least 18 years after murdering partner out of jealousy
- 7 Former POW camp on council heritage list
- 8 Swan Inn customers support the foodbank
- 9 Try this at home: Chef Webb from MasterChef's latest recipe
- 10 MasterChef winner Chef Webb's lockdown recipe
Volunteers are still needed to man the desk. If you are interested contact the town council on 01371 872406.