Top theatre at Hatfield Forest
OPEN air theatre has proved a success once again at Hatfield Forest as a packed audience enjoyed a classic take on Shakespeare s Midsummer Night s Dream. Ade Clarke, property manager for the forest, was in the audience for the sell-out play. He sai
OPEN air theatre has proved a success once again at Hatfield Forest as a packed audience enjoyed a classic take on Shakespeare's Midsummer Night's Dream.
Ade Clarke, property manager for the forest, was in the audience for the sell-out play.
He said: "It is always a mystery how the cast are going to perform the play without the props and number of actors you would see in the theatre - they certainly did not fail to impress with their ingenuity again this time. There was great fun and lots of laughter throughout."
It is the second time that theatre company Illyria has performed the play beneath the trees of the forest, and they have proved popular with tickets selling out way in advance of the event.
You may also want to watch:
Using only five actors and a minimal amount of props they aim to make the most of the enchanting natural backdrop.
Mr Clarke added: "They succeeded yet again in providing a wonderful evening for those who attended. We are now looking forward to them returning to Hatfield Forest on July 22 with The Three Musketeers."
- 1 Pedestrian dies following Dunmow collision
- 2 Man dies after Roxwell collision, police confirm
- 3 Community trees and bulbs to help tackle climate change
- 4 Essex Police issues update on Katie Price's alleged assault
- 5 Interest in women and girls cricket rises following anniversary event
- 6 Dunmow's Macmillan coffee and cake success despite stolen banner
- 7 Man admits to causing death by dangerous driving after B184 collision
- 8 Felsted collision: Motorcyclist seriously injured
- 9 M11 targeted in week of motorway protests
- 10 New chemotherapy centre at Broomfield Hospital is 'fantastic'
To book tickets for the next production go online www.nationaltrust.org.uk/events or ring the estate office on 01279 870678.