Top theatre at Hatfield Forest
OPEN air theatre has proved a success once again at Hatfield Forest as a packed audience enjoyed a classic take on Shakespeare s Midsummer Night s Dream. Ade Clarke, property manager for the forest, was in the audience for the sell-out play. He sai
OPEN air theatre has proved a success once again at Hatfield Forest as a packed audience enjoyed a classic take on Shakespeare's Midsummer Night's Dream.
Ade Clarke, property manager for the forest, was in the audience for the sell-out play.
He said: "It is always a mystery how the cast are going to perform the play without the props and number of actors you would see in the theatre - they certainly did not fail to impress with their ingenuity again this time. There was great fun and lots of laughter throughout."
It is the second time that theatre company Illyria has performed the play beneath the trees of the forest, and they have proved popular with tickets selling out way in advance of the event.
Using only five actors and a minimal amount of props they aim to make the most of the enchanting natural backdrop.
Mr Clarke added: "They succeeded yet again in providing a wonderful evening for those who attended. We are now looking forward to them returning to Hatfield Forest on July 22 with The Three Musketeers."
- 1 Town's annual meeting: Dr's Pond, RideLondon, parking issues
- 2 What I Learnt From My Grandmother in photographs and banners
- 3 School activities and sports in pictures
- 4 Hot cyclists reach Paris after 3 days of pedalling
- 5 Pictures: The Great Dunmow Summer Solstice Sundown Festival
- 6 Prime Minister's honour for Dunmow duo
- 7 Suspense thriller is author's fourth novel
- 8 Delayed Local Plan sparks Uttlesford development fears
- 9 Creamfields South 2023 festival dates announced for Hylands Park
- 10 Solar farm application decision is deferred
To book tickets for the next production go online www.nationaltrust.org.uk/events or ring the estate office on 01279 870678.