Top theatre at Hatfield Forest
OPEN air theatre has proved a success once again at Hatfield Forest as a packed audience enjoyed a classic take on Shakespeare s Midsummer Night s Dream. Ade Clarke, property manager for the forest, was in the audience for the sell-out play. He sai
OPEN air theatre has proved a success once again at Hatfield Forest as a packed audience enjoyed a classic take on Shakespeare's Midsummer Night's Dream.
Ade Clarke, property manager for the forest, was in the audience for the sell-out play.
He said: "It is always a mystery how the cast are going to perform the play without the props and number of actors you would see in the theatre - they certainly did not fail to impress with their ingenuity again this time. There was great fun and lots of laughter throughout."
It is the second time that theatre company Illyria has performed the play beneath the trees of the forest, and they have proved popular with tickets selling out way in advance of the event.
You may also want to watch:
Using only five actors and a minimal amount of props they aim to make the most of the enchanting natural backdrop.
Mr Clarke added: "They succeeded yet again in providing a wonderful evening for those who attended. We are now looking forward to them returning to Hatfield Forest on July 22 with The Three Musketeers."
- 1 There's a rainbow in the woods outside Thaxted
- 2 Grange Farm & Dunmow Runners delighted to be back at actual races
- 3 Pay It Forward brings joy to Dunmow community
- 4 Standing for election for a seat on Essex County Council on May 6, 2021
- 5 Delight at repairs grant which will also support specialist building trade
- 6 Survey reveals Uttlesford fears of fourth national Covid lockdown
- 7 Felsted announces STEM competition winners
- 8 Maisie the schnoodle returns to care home after year of 'fur'-lough
- 9 Dunmow's Flitch and Chips named as one of the UK's 10 best
- 10 Bar staff smash £1,000 target in charity challenge
To book tickets for the next production go online www.nationaltrust.org.uk/events or ring the estate office on 01279 870678.