Top Ofsted marks for Great Dunmow pre-school
THE safe learning environment at a Great Dunmow pre-school helps to create children who are happy and confident , an Ofsted report has said. Wrens Pre-school in New Street, Great Dunmow, has been scored as good in all categories of the report published
THE safe learning environment at a Great Dunmow pre-school helps to create children who are "happy and confident", an Ofsted report has said.
Wrens Pre-school in New Street, Great Dunmow, has been scored as "good" in all categories of the report published by the school inspectors last week.
" Children clearly enjoy their time at the pre-school and progress well through the Early Years Foundation Stage," the report reads. "Effective partnership with parents ensures that the needs of all children are met."
Staff at the nursery were praised for their "strong leadership and effective team work" and were judged to have "a secure knowledge of their roles and responsibilities".
You may also want to watch:
The report added: "Children are becoming skilled at problem solving and numeracy, they use number shapes in the garden, comparing quantity and negotiate with each others, swapping numbers and adding to their collection.
"They have an understanding of height and measure and compare themselves to their friends using a height chart. They are developing independence and older children manage their coats, bags and boots when they arrive. They take pride in their environment as they all help to tidy up the toys, carrying and filling boxes."
- 1 Laptops and jewellery stolen during Dunmow burglary
- 2 Great Easton pub sells at auction
- 3 New Dunmow school approved but safety fears aired
- 4 Doorbell crimes in Thaxted see one ‘ripped off’ before suspect flees
- 5 Dogs seized and three arrested following police operation on Braintree Road, Dunmow
- 6 No 11th hour reprieve for Finchingfield homes plan
- 7 Two charged in connection with Dunmow burglary
- 8 Rise in dog thefts during lockdown, says charity
- 9 'That's more like it' roars Takeley's John Hedges after comfortable win in pro fight number two
- 10 Residents urged to have their say in housing consultation
Owner of Wrens Pre-school, Sally George, has recently graduated with a foundation degree in early years childcare and education, and is currently studying for her early years professional status, and BA(Hons) early childhood studies.
The pre-school is currently full, but people can put their children's names on the waiting list for next September, or beyond. For more information call Sally on 07739 629548 or visit their website at www.wrenspreschool.co.uk