Top Ofsted marks for day nursery in Essex
OFFICIALS from the education watchdog, Ofsted, have hailed a day nursery in Felsted as outstanding in every category. Following a visit last month, Whipper-snappers, on Braintree Road, scored the highest possible marks, delighting co-owners and sisters,
OFFICIALS from the education watchdog, Ofsted, have hailed a day nursery in Felsted as 'outstanding' in every category.
Following a visit last month, Whipper-snappers, on Braintree Road, scored the highest possible marks, delighting co-owners and sisters, Tina Carnegie-Dielhenn and Lynda Bocarisa.
The nursery has been going for 15 years and has grown from one converted barn hosting 30 children to five converted barns hosting as many as 110 at any one time.
Mrs Carnegie-Dielhenn, who has a first in BA Early Years Management, said: "All of our children have the best care available.
You may also want to watch:
"We have 30 staff members who are all very highly trained and children come from all around the local area to be here. We are delighted with the report because a lot of hard work has gone into this place."
Mrs Bocarisa said the success is down to the dedicated attitudes of the staff, some of which have worked at the centre nearly a decade, and that when parents arrived they often cannot believe that the nursery is placed in such a superb rural setting.
- 1 Uttlesford Covid case rates decline means they are now the lowest in Essex
- 2 Hospice at home service in seventh year but Covid impact 'challenging'
- 3 Council row over near £1 million underspend on road repairs
- 4 Beavers help with Finchingfield's 'worst flood in 20 years'
- 5 Broomfield staff facing a 'battlefield scenario' in Covid fight
- 6 New Local Plan: 'Housing and transport should be planned together'
- 7 Man jailed for at least 18 years after murdering partner out of jealousy
- 8 Archaeologists find remains of Iron Age village
- 9 Housing sites sought by Uttlesford District Council
- 10 Red engraved gem from iron ring is older than was previously thought
She added: "Leading by example has developed excellent team spirit and high morale. Our ethos of everyone monitoring, reflecting and evaluating has created an outstanding environment for the children and the business."
A garden jam-packed with play and educational equipment accompanies the five barns and all of the items encourage fun for all the ages - from baby to 12-years-old - catered for.
The day nursery and kids club opens at 7.45am and closes at 6.15pm, and in-house kitchen staff prepare home-cooked meals for the children and staff.
Ofsted paid particular attention to the learning environment set out for the children. Ofsted inspector Moira Oliver said: "Children flourish in the stimulating indoor and outdoor environment, and as a result they make significant gains in their learning. They are happy, confident and settle well, building close relationships with the staff and their peers."
In total, Whipper-snappers scored top marks in all of the 14 categories, ranging from meeting the needs of the children to helping them develop skills for the future.
WHAT do you think? E-mail us at firstname.lastname@example.org or write to us at 54 High Street, Saffron Walden, Essex CB10 1EE.