Top of the class: Felsted students A* Maths triumph
- Credit: Archant
A huge achievement by Year 11 Mathematicians at Felsted School saw top set students sweep the board with A*s.
All 13 top set students who were put forward to complete their Maths IGCSE early in January achieved the top grade pass with Leo Wang, a full boarding pupil from China, scoring full marks on the second paper.
Another two students, Matthew Hudson-Lund, from Wickham Bishops and Silas Turner Jones, from Felsted, scored 99% on the first paper.
The students will go on to take their Additional Maths qualification in the summer.
Head of Maths at Felsted, Mr Michael Campbell, said: “The results were excellent again this year and we’re thrilled for all the students who have worked very hard to achieve their A*.
“The vast majority of the class will go on to study Maths here in the Sixth Form and we look forward to seeing them continue to develop as Mathematicians over the next few years.”
- 1 Festive season begins at Great Dunmow's Christmas Market
- 2 30 new homes proposed for Hatfield Broad Oak
- 3 Thaxted community in shock after fatal house fire
- 4 Katie Price alleged assault: Suspect 'released under investigation'
- 5 Calvin Harris, David Guetta and Fatboy Slim announced for Creamfields South Chelmsford 2022 line-up
- 6 All under 40s to be offered Covid booster jab
- 7 Christmas festivities kick off in Great Dunmow
- 8 Villagers rally behind Elsenham Christmas Market
- 9 Man in hospital after Chelmsford Road collision
- 10 Stansted Airport calls for residents' views on solar transformation plan