Top of the class: Felsted students A* Maths triumph
- Credit: Archant
A huge achievement by Year 11 Mathematicians at Felsted School saw top set students sweep the board with A*s.
All 13 top set students who were put forward to complete their Maths IGCSE early in January achieved the top grade pass with Leo Wang, a full boarding pupil from China, scoring full marks on the second paper.
Another two students, Matthew Hudson-Lund, from Wickham Bishops and Silas Turner Jones, from Felsted, scored 99% on the first paper.
The students will go on to take their Additional Maths qualification in the summer.
Head of Maths at Felsted, Mr Michael Campbell, said: “The results were excellent again this year and we’re thrilled for all the students who have worked very hard to achieve their A*.
You may also want to watch:
“The vast majority of the class will go on to study Maths here in the Sixth Form and we look forward to seeing them continue to develop as Mathematicians over the next few years.”
- 1 New cycle network consultation announced
- 2 Dunmow and Stansted councillors not in new Essex County Council cabinet
- 3 Outgoing mayor reflects on 'a Covid year' in office as he steps down
- 4 Uttlesford District Council chief executive is stepping down
- 5 Prison sentence extended for man involved in Dunmow attack
- 6 Local Elections 2021: Essex County Council results for Uttlesford
- 7 Lockdown eases: new mayor and new Priest join drive-in concert
- 8 Uttlesford's shops still suffer from low footfall, Google data shows
- 9 Is former Love Island star Carl Woods moving to Bardfield?
- 10 The Stansted couple on an #HDHike for Huntington's disease