Top of the class: Felsted students A* Maths triumph
- Credit: Archant
A huge achievement by Year 11 Mathematicians at Felsted School saw top set students sweep the board with A*s.
All 13 top set students who were put forward to complete their Maths IGCSE early in January achieved the top grade pass with Leo Wang, a full boarding pupil from China, scoring full marks on the second paper.
Another two students, Matthew Hudson-Lund, from Wickham Bishops and Silas Turner Jones, from Felsted, scored 99% on the first paper.
The students will go on to take their Additional Maths qualification in the summer.
Head of Maths at Felsted, Mr Michael Campbell, said: “The results were excellent again this year and we’re thrilled for all the students who have worked very hard to achieve their A*.
You may also want to watch:
“The vast majority of the class will go on to study Maths here in the Sixth Form and we look forward to seeing them continue to develop as Mathematicians over the next few years.”
- 1 Pets Corner: It's time to get your dog back to training class
- 2 Revealed: almost 300 possible new development sites are submitted
- 3 Chelmsford beer festival cancelled for 2021 by Covid concerns
- 4 Revealed: The progress made so far to create a new business park
- 5 7 of the prettiest villages in north-west Essex
- 6 4 English Heritage events to enjoy at Audley End this summer
- 7 Lamborghini v Ferrari at Petrolheadonism.Club's Supercar Sunday event at The Warren Estate in Essex
- 8 Dunmow mayor sets out summer programme set to unite community
- 9 Residents hand water to stranded drivers after fatal M11 crash
- 10 Stebbing on the verge of becoming 'small town', residents fear