Top events at Dunmow's community cafe
DUNMOW S recently-opened caf� and training centre The Juice Project is turning the winter blues into orange by planning a range of events to draw in the community. Magician and Member of the Magic Circle, The Great Wizzo, will be appearing in the cafe on
DUNMOW'S recently-opened caf� and training centre The Juice Project is turning the winter blues into orange by planning a range of events to draw in the community.
Magician and Member of the Magic Circle, The Great Wizzo, will be appearing in the cafe on Sunday January 31 for two free performances at 12 noon and 3pm. The public can join in and work the magic themselves wherever possible. All ages are welcome to the free event, and visitors can pick up skills such as linking solid rings together in their own hands, floating in the air or experiencing (harmless) decapitation in a French Revolution-style Guillotine.
Another form of transformation will take place on Friday February 5 when a ceramic artist will be in residence to encourage children to transform and decorate items such as plates and mugs that they can later take home. The event runs from 4pm to 5pm. Tickets cost �6 and include items of paint, all materials and artist support.
The Juice Project is a community interest company set up by volunteers in November to provide a welcoming place to meet, employment and training to vulnerable young people, community groups with meeting rooms and training facilities, and healthy food and drinks at affordable prices.
You may also want to watch:
Start-up funding has been received from Uttlesford District and Essex County Councils and Big Lottery, Awards for All. The enterprise now pays for its community purposes with the profits it generates.
For more information pop into the Juice Project.com at 1 Market Place.
- 1 Pedestrian dies following Dunmow collision
- 2 Picture gallery: Spot yourself at Finchingfield 2021 three-legged race
- 3 Blue-green algae proves fatal for Doctor's Pond fish
- 4 Reporter wins award for Uttlesford news articles
- 5 Man admits to causing death by dangerous driving after B184 collision
- 6 M11 targeted in week of motorway protests
- 7 Award for off-duty police officer who saved a man's life
- 8 Felsted collision: Motorcyclist seriously injured
- 9 Kemi Badenoch MP secures new brief in September reshuffle
- 10 The first ever Flitch Green Fun Day in pictures