TONIGHT: Dunmow's Late Night Shopping event could be best ever
DUNMOW S second largest event of the year has arrived, and if you are still looking for a special Christmas gift or even just looking for a fun evening out, look no further than the annual Late Night Shopping Event this evening (December 18). Pipped only
DUNMOW'S second largest event of the year has arrived, and if you are still looking for a special Christmas gift or even just looking for a fun evening out, look no further than the annual Late Night Shopping Event this evening (December 18).
Pipped only by the carnival for its size the late night shopping evening has become a real regular gem on the Great Dunmow event calendar, always proved very popular.
And this year's evening, beginning at 6pm, is shaping up to be the best yet, according the team of organisers who have worked long and hard to ensure it takes place.
Every year the event is organised by members of the Dunmow Chamber of Trade and Commerce, who begin preparations as early as spring.
You may also want to watch:
Chairman Mike Perry said: "We have a great line-up of guests and performances, and I think almost every town centre shop and restaurant will be opening their doors for this one-off event.
"This is the latest we have ever held the late-night shop and because of that we expect it to be more popular than ever before. Anyone looking for that special gift will be able to find it right here in Great Dunmow."
- 1 Holidaymakers fly abroad again out of Stansted Airport
- 2 Dunmow and Stansted councillors not in new Essex County Council cabinet
- 3 Broomfield nurse still struggling with Covid-19 after effects
- 4 Man sentenced after admitting two charges of sexual assault
- 5 Hoarding can cause higher risk of fire, says emergency service
- 6 TSB closes Dunmow branch
- 7 Is former Love Island star Carl Woods moving to Bardfield?
- 8 Prison sentence extended for man involved in Dunmow attack
- 9 New Dunmow and Barnston vicar thanks community for their warm welcome
- 10 New cycle network consultation announced
The fun will go on until 8.30pm and the road will be closed from 5.30pm so shops and stalls can set up ready for the deluge of revellers and shoppers.
Pantomime is this years' theme, so expect to see all the shopkeepers and their staff dressing up in whacky costumes and serving minced pies and mulled wine.
Among the stars of the festive street-show will be magicians, jugglers, school choirs, dance acts, the Dunmow majorettes, and do not forget that Santa will be around in his grotto with some presents for the young ones.
Chamber secretary, Sarah Cassidy added: "Come and join us on this Pantomime-themed evening and enjoy the entertainment and hospitality laid on by our chamber of trade members."
LET us know what you think. E-mail us at email@example.com or call us on 01799 512880. Alternatively, follow us on twitter by searching for broadcast24.