Tilty Flower Festival was another success raising £5,500 for Tilty Church
- Credit: Archant
Tilty Flower Festival raised a record-breaking £5,500 for the church in the village this weekend (September 24 and 25).
The organisers are still counting up the takings – so are expecting that total to rise – from the generosity of around 600 visitors that came for the flowers, concert, and barbecue. Proceeds go to Tilty Church.
Last year the festival made up to 50 per cent less than this year.
Joanna Eden performed at the event, a jazz and folk singer-songwriter who has performed at the Edinburgh Festival and counts Sam Smith as a former pupil.
Fiona Tidswell, an organiser, said: “It went really well, we had a concert which was great, and the flowers were really popular.
You may also want to watch:
“Thank you to everybody who helped out both inside and outside the church, we are very lucky that we have such a strong community around here that so many people put a lot of work in before and after the event.”
Homemade jams, chutney, marmalade and produce went down well, as did the bar.
- 1 Pets Corner: It's time to get your dog back to training class
- 2 Revealed: almost 300 possible new development sites are submitted
- 3 Chelmsford beer festival cancelled for 2021 by Covid concerns
- 4 Revealed: The progress made so far to create a new business park
- 5 7 of the prettiest villages in north-west Essex
- 6 4 English Heritage events to enjoy at Audley End this summer
- 7 Lamborghini v Ferrari at Petrolheadonism.Club's Supercar Sunday event at The Warren Estate in Essex
- 8 Dunmow mayor sets out summer programme set to unite community
- 9 Residents hand water to stranded drivers after fatal M11 crash
- 10 Stebbing on the verge of becoming 'small town', residents fear
The festival will come back to Tilty next year, in the first weekend of October.