Theatre workshop hits the right note
SCENE II Theatre School opened the doors of Dunmow Primary to host two one-week theatre workshops this summer. The first workshop ran last Monday to Friday and saw 34 children re-enacting the popular musical show Bugsy Malone as well as working hard on t
SCENE II Theatre School opened the doors of Dunmow Primary to host two one-week theatre workshops this summer.
The first workshop ran last Monday to Friday and saw 34 children re-enacting the popular musical show Bugsy Malone as well as working hard on their singing, acting and dance skills.
With just a one week break between the two, the second of the workshops, will take place next Monday August 14 to Friday August 18.
Again it will be held at the Dunmow Primary School, enabling children aged between seven to 16 to perform a production of the popular Alice in Wonderland.
You may also want to watch:
Scene II principle Jacky Rom said: "The children had a thoroughly productive and enjoyable week. The show they put on was just over an hour long and was really spectacular.
"I even had a couple of children from the audience coming up to me after the show to say how much they wished they had taken part now. Everyone had such a fantastic time."
- 1 Lionel the Giant Perch is 'the perfect addition'
- 2 Town council challenges water softening decision
- 3 Takeley virtual consultation opens
- 4 Dunmow tributes to Prince Philip, Duke of Edinburgh
- 5 Ram-raid gang member absconds from Suffolk jail
- 6 Lockdown easing: 'Shop abuse will not be tolerated'
- 7 They're record breakers! Self-test attracts worldwide support
- 8 Dogs seized and three arrested following police operation on Braintree Road, Dunmow
- 9 Online Young Musician competition launched by Dunmow Rotarians
- 10 Doorbell crimes in Thaxted see one ‘ripped off’ before suspect flees
For more information or to book one of the last remaining places on next week's workshop, contact principle Jacky Rom on 01371 874642.