The Sports Injury Clinic in Great Dunmow gears up for a marathon effort
The Sports Injury Clinic will be holding a running clinic in Great Dunmow next month.
The clinic, at Great Dunmow Leisure Centre on Sunday, March 2, aims to support runners and clubs for events such as the Virgin London Marathon. Experts offer free advice on everything from injuries to improving running technique and sports stretching.
And the all-new ‘club zone’ is aimed to encourage running clubs, associations and charities to promote their events and charitable causes.
The clinic will be donating £1 from every registration to a worthy charity runner. The lucky winner will walk away with a cheque towards their chosen charity.
Lee Petrucci, clinical director for The Sports Injury Clinic, said: “People choose to run for some great charitable causes and often have to commit to raise funds in leui of their place. This year we are going to donate £1 from every registration to someone’s chosen charity, so we are really hoping we can top last year’s attendances.”
The event is billed to be a one-stop running destination and a full schedule of interactive and informative sessions including running analysis demos, sports stretch masterclasses and free injury advice and sports massage.
“The clinics have been extremely popular in the past and are designed to help all runners – whether preparing for their first steps or gearing up for their tenth ultra-marathon. Our goal is to provide valuable content for all visitors, along with some great show offers. We look forward to welcoming visitors.” added Petrucci.
- 1 243 Takeley homes granted outline approval despite concerns
- 2 110 homes near Stansted Airport: design and details approved
- 3 Stebbing Tractor Run: This is the new route for 2022
- 4 10,000 signatures reached against Essex mega-prison proposal
- 5 Recap: A120 reopens near Stansted Airport after 'police incident'
- 6 Major supermarkets order urgent product recalls over salmonella fears
- 7 Dunmow pilots airlift medical aid to help Ukraine
- 8 Life-saving kit that residents hope they will never use
- 9 Man dies at the scene of A120 'incident'
- 10 Things to do in Essex this June
For more information and to get your early bird discount, go to thesportsinjuryclinic.org