The Sports Injury Clinic in Great Dunmow gears up for a marathon effort
The Sports Injury Clinic will be holding a running clinic in Great Dunmow next month.
The clinic, at Great Dunmow Leisure Centre on Sunday, March 2, aims to support runners and clubs for events such as the Virgin London Marathon. Experts offer free advice on everything from injuries to improving running technique and sports stretching.
And the all-new ‘club zone’ is aimed to encourage running clubs, associations and charities to promote their events and charitable causes.
The clinic will be donating £1 from every registration to a worthy charity runner. The lucky winner will walk away with a cheque towards their chosen charity.
Lee Petrucci, clinical director for The Sports Injury Clinic, said: “People choose to run for some great charitable causes and often have to commit to raise funds in leui of their place. This year we are going to donate £1 from every registration to someone’s chosen charity, so we are really hoping we can top last year’s attendances.”
You may also want to watch:
The event is billed to be a one-stop running destination and a full schedule of interactive and informative sessions including running analysis demos, sports stretch masterclasses and free injury advice and sports massage.
“The clinics have been extremely popular in the past and are designed to help all runners – whether preparing for their first steps or gearing up for their tenth ultra-marathon. Our goal is to provide valuable content for all visitors, along with some great show offers. We look forward to welcoming visitors.” added Petrucci.
- 1 New cycle network consultation announced
- 2 Dunmow and Stansted councillors not in new Essex County Council cabinet
- 3 Outgoing mayor reflects on 'a Covid year' in office as he steps down
- 4 Uttlesford District Council chief executive is stepping down
- 5 Prison sentence extended for man involved in Dunmow attack
- 6 Lockdown eases: new mayor and new Priest join drive-in concert
- 7 Local Elections 2021: Essex County Council results for Uttlesford
- 8 Uttlesford's shops still suffer from low footfall, Google data shows
- 9 Is former Love Island star Carl Woods moving to Bardfield?
- 10 The Stansted couple on an #HDHike for Huntington's disease
For more information and to get your early bird discount, go to thesportsinjuryclinic.org