The Searchers to kick off a month of theatre entertainment
WITH the summer in full swing, there s nothing like spending a balmy evening being entertained at your local theatre and the Chelmsford Theatres have plenty to offer this July. Back by popular demand, The Searchers are hitting the stage on Wednesday July
WITH the summer in full swing, there's nothing like spending a balmy evening being entertained at your local theatre and the Chelmsford Theatres have plenty to offer this July.
Back by popular demand, The Searchers are hitting the stage on Wednesday July 15 for another evening of classic hits including Sweets For My Sweet and Needles and Pins. Expect a programme full of all your favourite tracks plus some original album recordings and B-sides thrown in.
With over 40 million album sales spanning an incredible five decades, this is a rock and roll night not to be missed.
If you fancy a night of laughter with your friends, then pop down to the theatre and catch Jongleurs - Comedy on the Road on Thursday July 16. Jongleurs offer a guaranteed night of japes and fun from the top comedians on the touring circuit at the moment.
You may also want to watch:
For an uplifting evening of big band music, the Benny Goodman's 1938 Carnegie Hall Concert is on Saturday July 18. Recreated faithfully by Pete Long's Allstar Goodmen Orchestra, the musicians play completely acoustic and the entire original Carnegie concert repertoire is played.
Performance poetry with a modern twist will see the UK's most accomplished live poets join together with fresh local talent to create an evening of high quality poetry at the Cramphorn Theatre on Friday July 24. And Poetry Link comes back on 28 August and 25 September to complete three evenings of top live poetry.
- 1 Essex County Council to discuss council tax increase of up to £40
- 2 The Maltings – where would be we without our Friends?
- 3 The benefits of the great outdoors
- 4 Campaign seeks free products in Uttlesford's public buildings
- 5 Covid jabs have started at Broomfield Hospital's Vaccination Hub
- 6 MasterChef winner Chef Webb's lockdown recipe
- 7 Residents, the RAF and Stansted Airport react to sonic boom
- 8 Widespread flooding leads to busiest day for Essex firefighters
- 9 Two Covid swab kit sites open in Uttlesford
- 10 Police seek witnesses to two vehicle collision
There are some great film screenings this month also at the Cramphorn Theatre including The Reader (July 2), Slumdog Millionaire (July 14), Valkyrie (July 16), Vicky Cristina Barcelona (July 21) and Frost/Nixon (July 23).
To book for all these shows and films and to find out about the rest of the summer season go to www.chelmsford.gov.uk/theatres or contact the box office on 01245 606505.