The Searchers to kick off a month of theatre entertainment
WITH the summer in full swing, there s nothing like spending a balmy evening being entertained at your local theatre and the Chelmsford Theatres have plenty to offer this July. Back by popular demand, The Searchers are hitting the stage on Wednesday July
WITH the summer in full swing, there's nothing like spending a balmy evening being entertained at your local theatre and the Chelmsford Theatres have plenty to offer this July.
Back by popular demand, The Searchers are hitting the stage on Wednesday July 15 for another evening of classic hits including Sweets For My Sweet and Needles and Pins. Expect a programme full of all your favourite tracks plus some original album recordings and B-sides thrown in.
With over 40 million album sales spanning an incredible five decades, this is a rock and roll night not to be missed.
If you fancy a night of laughter with your friends, then pop down to the theatre and catch Jongleurs - Comedy on the Road on Thursday July 16. Jongleurs offer a guaranteed night of japes and fun from the top comedians on the touring circuit at the moment.
You may also want to watch:
For an uplifting evening of big band music, the Benny Goodman's 1938 Carnegie Hall Concert is on Saturday July 18. Recreated faithfully by Pete Long's Allstar Goodmen Orchestra, the musicians play completely acoustic and the entire original Carnegie concert repertoire is played.
Performance poetry with a modern twist will see the UK's most accomplished live poets join together with fresh local talent to create an evening of high quality poetry at the Cramphorn Theatre on Friday July 24. And Poetry Link comes back on 28 August and 25 September to complete three evenings of top live poetry.
- 1 Essex Police issues update on Katie Price's alleged assault
- 2 Pedestrian dies following Dunmow collision
- 3 Dunmow's Macmillan coffee and cake success despite stolen banner
- 4 Interest in women and girls cricket rises following anniversary event
- 5 County councillor: Roads and drains progress being made in the Dunmow area
- 6 Katie Price alleged assault: 32-year-old man re-bailed
- 7 Man admits to causing death by dangerous driving after B184 collision
- 8 Stansted Airport: Give us 'freedom to travel without barrier of testing'
- 9 Blue-green algae proves fatal for Doctor's Pond fish
- 10 Raynes Boxing Club duo delighted to return to amateur competition
There are some great film screenings this month also at the Cramphorn Theatre including The Reader (July 2), Slumdog Millionaire (July 14), Valkyrie (July 16), Vicky Cristina Barcelona (July 21) and Frost/Nixon (July 23).
To book for all these shows and films and to find out about the rest of the summer season go to www.chelmsford.gov.uk/theatres or contact the box office on 01245 606505.