The Power of Compassion
THE Power of Compassion is a dramatic, entertaining and informative 90-minute performance of the majestic masked dances and the sacred chant from Tashi Lhunpo Monastery - one of the most important of Tibet s teaching monasteries. The monks, from their r
THE Power of Compassion is a dramatic, entertaining and informative 90-minute performance of the majestic masked dances and the sacred chant from Tashi Lhunpo Monastery - one of the most important of Tibet's teaching monasteries.
The monks, from their re-established monastery in exile in South India, present a taste of the culture of Tibet, and of Tashi Lhunpo Monastery in particular.
For this special show at the Civic Theatre in Chelmsford, you will join eight monks as they take you on their sacred journey to the world of Tibet, with a programme full of music, dance, drumming and mantras illustrating the diversity of this astonishing culture.
This rare opportunity takes place on Saturday (June 6) at 7.45pm.
Tickets are �12, concessions are �10, unemployed and full time HE/FE students can take advantage of the theatre's �5 ticket.
Bookings can be made on 01245 606505 or at www.chelmsford.gov.uk/theatres
- 1 Bardfield cottage transformed into scrumptious-looking gingerbread house for Christmas
- 2 Olympic gold medallist Beth Shriever switches on Finchingfield's Christmas tree lights
- 3 First Sunday in December marked with Live Nativity in Great Dunmow
- 4 Here are the new Covid travel rules which begin today
- 5 Man arrested on suspicion of terrorism offences at Stansted Airport
- 6 Items from Lidl and Sainsbury's recalled over health and safety concerns
- 7 Essex buildings are lit up in green for awareness campaign
- 8 Braintree investment leads to questions about Witham
- 9 'Massive' headliners set to be announced for Creamfields South Chelmsford 2022 line-up
- 10 Chelmsford: Safety improvements planned at roundabout after Thaxted man dies