The Power of Compassion
THE Power of Compassion is a dramatic, entertaining and informative 90-minute performance of the majestic masked dances and the sacred chant from Tashi Lhunpo Monastery - one of the most important of Tibet s teaching monasteries. The monks, from their r
THE Power of Compassion is a dramatic, entertaining and informative 90-minute performance of the majestic masked dances and the sacred chant from Tashi Lhunpo Monastery - one of the most important of Tibet's teaching monasteries.
The monks, from their re-established monastery in exile in South India, present a taste of the culture of Tibet, and of Tashi Lhunpo Monastery in particular.
For this special show at the Civic Theatre in Chelmsford, you will join eight monks as they take you on their sacred journey to the world of Tibet, with a programme full of music, dance, drumming and mantras illustrating the diversity of this astonishing culture.
This rare opportunity takes place on Saturday (June 6) at 7.45pm.
You may also want to watch:
Tickets are �12, concessions are �10, unemployed and full time HE/FE students can take advantage of the theatre's �5 ticket.
Bookings can be made on 01245 606505 or at www.chelmsford.gov.uk/theatres
- 1 Dunmow's Flitch and Chips named as one of the UK's 10 best
- 2 Dunmow businesses delighted to be back as lockdown eases
- 3 Prince Philip death: Uttlesford service and Garden of Remembrance
- 4 Revealed: Essex hospital treatment waiting time data
- 5 Dunmow tributes to Prince Philip, Duke of Edinburgh
- 6 Lionel the Giant Perch is 'the perfect addition'
- 7 Lockdown easing: 'Shop abuse will not be tolerated'
- 8 Takeley virtual consultation opens
- 9 Ram-raid gang member absconds from Suffolk jail
- 10 No 11th hour reprieve for Finchingfield homes plan