The Power of Compassion
THE Power of Compassion is a dramatic, entertaining and informative 90-minute performance of the majestic masked dances and the sacred chant from Tashi Lhunpo Monastery - one of the most important of Tibet s teaching monasteries. The monks, from their r
THE Power of Compassion is a dramatic, entertaining and informative 90-minute performance of the majestic masked dances and the sacred chant from Tashi Lhunpo Monastery - one of the most important of Tibet's teaching monasteries.
The monks, from their re-established monastery in exile in South India, present a taste of the culture of Tibet, and of Tashi Lhunpo Monastery in particular.
For this special show at the Civic Theatre in Chelmsford, you will join eight monks as they take you on their sacred journey to the world of Tibet, with a programme full of music, dance, drumming and mantras illustrating the diversity of this astonishing culture.
This rare opportunity takes place on Saturday (June 6) at 7.45pm.
You may also want to watch:
Tickets are �12, concessions are �10, unemployed and full time HE/FE students can take advantage of the theatre's �5 ticket.
Bookings can be made on 01245 606505 or at www.chelmsford.gov.uk/theatres
- 1 Essex County Council to discuss council tax increase of up to £40
- 2 The Maltings – where would be we without our Friends?
- 3 The benefits of the great outdoors
- 4 MasterChef winner Chef Webb's lockdown recipe
- 5 Residents, the RAF and Stansted Airport react to sonic boom
- 6 Campaign seeks free products in Uttlesford's public buildings
- 7 Covid jabs have started at Broomfield Hospital's Vaccination Hub
- 8 Widespread flooding leads to busiest day for Essex firefighters
- 9 Stations benefit from funding
- 10 Two Covid swab kit sites open in Uttlesford