Thaxted rangers hold football Fun Day
- Credit: Archant
Thaxted Rangers Youth Football Club held another successful Fun Day at the weekend.
More than 150 people gathered on the town’s recreational ground for the event, which saw a bouncy castle, raffle, a fire engine and penalty shoot-outs keeping guests entertained.
The day was also marked by a series of presentations for members, which included the awarding of the club’s annual trophy as well as special prizes for individual players.
Following the ceremony, parents were challenged to take to the pitch, although mums and dads were quickly defeated by the club. Thankfully, a licensed bar and barbecue were on-hand for the losers.
Bradley Osborn, executive committee member for the club, told the Reporter: “It was a great day. The highlight for me was finishing the penalty shoot-out and cracking open a beer. No, really it was seeing the parents play with the kids; it was great.”
You may also want to watch:
The money raised will go back into running the club as well as helping to fund the refurbishment of the ground’s pavilion.
- 1 Man dies after Roxwell collision, police confirm
- 2 A12 upgrade: 'The people who live here are not being considered'
- 3 Helena Romanes homes plan 'harmful urbanisation' says council
- 4 Pedestrian dies following Dunmow collision
- 5 Festive Christmas markets to visit in Essex, 2021
- 6 'Gastro-Glastonbury' Foodies Festival coming to Hylands Park in Chelmsford
- 7 Essex initiative to support children in hospital reaches milestone
- 8 Essex Police issues update on Katie Price's alleged assault
- 9 Blue-green algae proves fatal for Doctor's Pond fish
- 10 Community trees and bulbs to help tackle climate change