Thaxted Primary School playground set for makeover thanks to developer donation
- Credit: Archant
Thaxted Primary School is set to improve its playground after receiving a £1000 donation from an Essex housebuilder.
The donation was part of the Persimmon Homes Essex Community Champions scheme, a match-funding initiative which supports local groups and charities.
Thaxted Primary School will use the windfall to buy equipment for the playground.
Head teacher, Michelle Hughes, said: "We are thrilled to receive such generous funding from Persimmon Homes Essex, which will go towards developing a safe and pleasant area for our children.
"Our playground is in desperate need of re-developing, as the area is used constantly by children for P.E, playtime, outdoor learning and fundraising events."
You may also want to watch:
"We want to offer the children the opportunity to enjoy more outdoor experiences all year round and this funding will help us to achieve that goal."
Phil Standen, managing director at Persimmon Homes Essex, said: "We hope the new playground will be enjoyed by generations of pupils to come."
- 1 Local Elections 2021: Essex County Council results for Uttlesford
- 2 Is former Love Island star Carl Woods moving to Bardfield?
- 3 New mayor and deputy mayor appointed for town council
- 4 Contractor appointed for new enterprise centre
- 5 High Easter claim Division Two title with win over Great Bradfords
- 6 Here's what you can do from May 17 as Covid restrictions ease
- 7 Prime minister to give green light for May 17 Covid-19 lockdown easing
- 8 Local elections 2021: UDC ward results for Newport and The Sampfords
- 9 Deadline week for Stansted planners amid latest appeal
- 10 Dunmow councillors to devise climate action plan