WATCH: Thaxted Morris Men dance together again
- Credit: Supplied by Moat Park Retirement Village
The Thaxted Morris Men have danced together for the first time since January 2020.
The Morris men performed for more than 80 visitors and residents at Moat Park Retirement Village, Great Easton on Saturday (July 31).
Rob Evans, Thaxted Morris Men's bag man, said the group was "delighted" to perform again.
He added that the dancing crossed a generational divide when Clive Smith, 94, joined in with his son for his favourite childhood dances - the Fool's Jig.
Rob said: "There was a lovely, heart-warming bond between the generations.
"Clive looked like he was 13 again.
"We have all missed dancing very much."
- 1 Man dies after Roxwell collision, police confirm
- 2 A12 upgrade: 'The people who live here are not being considered'
- 3 Helena Romanes homes plan 'harmful urbanisation' says council
- 4 Pedestrian dies following Dunmow collision
- 5 Festive Christmas markets to visit in Essex, 2021
- 6 'Gastro-Glastonbury' Foodies Festival coming to Hylands Park in Chelmsford
- 7 Essex initiative to support children in hospital reaches milestone
- 8 Essex Police issues update on Katie Price's alleged assault
- 9 Blue-green algae proves fatal for Doctor's Pond fish
- 10 Community trees and bulbs to help tackle climate change
Village manager Lisa Marie Jones said the event was a "wonderful day of memories" with residents, their friends and close family, complete with a hog roast and Alice in Wonderland tea party.
She thanked chef Ben Allen, 17-year-old photographer William and the Morris men for their contributions.