Thaxted Festival announces dates and details
- Credit: Supplied by Thaxted Festival
Thaxted Festival will return this summer after a hiatus in 2020.
London Mozart Players are set to take to the stage as the festival's leading performers.
LMP will be joined by acapella group VOCES8 and the award-winning Heath Quartet.
A special 200th anniversary recital on the village's Lincoln Organ will also be led by Cambridge musician Robin Walker.
The festival will take place in Thaxted Parish Church between Thursday, June 24 and Sunday, June 27, and the following week from Thursday, July 1 to Sunday, July 4.
You may also want to watch:
Andrew Jenkins, Vice-Chair of the festival, said: "We’re all delighted that it looks likely Thaxted Festival will go ahead this year and can’t wait to welcome back our audience and, of course, our performers, after a tough 12 months for them."
Tickets are set to be released on Tuesday (May 4) online - https://www.thaxtedfestival.co.uk/concerts - for the first time in two years following a 2020 hiatus due to the Covid-19 pandemic.
- 1 District councillor resigns from R4U
- 2 Holidaymakers fly abroad again out of Stansted Airport
- 3 Japan-inspired album launched from a fantasy home in Dunmow
- 4 Exhibition encourages visitors to touch the sculptures
- 5 Hoarding can cause higher risk of fire, says emergency service
- 6 Vaccine does work against Indian variant, says health secretary
- 7 TSB closes Dunmow branch
- 8 Film review: Oscar-winning Nomadland is a 'beautifully realised and affecting drama'
- 9 Broomfield nurse still struggling with Covid-19 after effects
- 10 New Dunmow and Barnston vicar thanks community for their warm welcome