Thaxted Centre for the Disabled honoured at county council awards ceremony
- Credit: Archant
Volunteers at the Thaxted Centre for the Disabled have been honoured for their work at an awards ceremony.
The members were shortlisted at Essex County Council's 2019 'Who Will Care Awards', in the volunteer team category, which celebrates volunteers who have made an outstanding contribution to their communities.
The centre, which is entirely run by volunteers, has been providing support and activities for disabled people in Uttlesford for more than 50 years.
Open on Monday and Thursday, the organisation provides outings and arts and crafts for members.
The ceremony was held on May 22 in Chelmsford, with five representatives from the centre attending.
You may also want to watch:
Judy Weavers, centre manager, said: "There was stiff competition from the other five finalists and we were proud to have been shortlisted."
- 1 Garden restoration project joy after public appeal help
- 2 Ipswich man charged in connection with Cheshunt rail incident
- 3 Gold filling 'worth about £50' found in Tesco granola squares pack
- 4 Uttlesford residents help council map 'vital' green spaces
- 5 Ipswich man to face trial for Braintree car theft and Cheshunt rail incident
- 6 When are GCSE and A-level results out and how fair will grades be?
- 7 Creamfields announces new electronic music festival for Chelmsford, Essex, in 2022
- 8 £7.5 million cash package sought for new A120 business park
- 9 Dog whose owner moved away without her is featured on TV
- 10 Former Felsted schoolboy who broke back twice wins Tokyo bronze