Thaxted Centre for the Disabled honoured at county council awards ceremony
- Credit: Archant
Volunteers at the Thaxted Centre for the Disabled have been honoured for their work at an awards ceremony.
The members were shortlisted at Essex County Council's 2019 'Who Will Care Awards', in the volunteer team category, which celebrates volunteers who have made an outstanding contribution to their communities.
The centre, which is entirely run by volunteers, has been providing support and activities for disabled people in Uttlesford for more than 50 years.
Open on Monday and Thursday, the organisation provides outings and arts and crafts for members.
The ceremony was held on May 22 in Chelmsford, with five representatives from the centre attending.
You may also want to watch:
Judy Weavers, centre manager, said: "There was stiff competition from the other five finalists and we were proud to have been shortlisted."
- 1 New Dunmow and Barnston vicar thanks community for their warm welcome
- 2 TSB closes Dunmow branch
- 3 Dunmow and Stansted councillors not in new Essex County Council cabinet
- 4 New on-call firefighters have joined stations
- 5 Man sentenced after admitting two charges of sexual assault
- 6 New cycle network consultation announced
- 7 Lockdown eases: new mayor and new Priest join drive-in concert
- 8 Prison sentence extended for man involved in Dunmow attack
- 9 Summer art competition for children launched by school
- 10 Prisoner of war camp a 'huge part' of Essex's history