Thatched property roadshow to visit Wethersfield
A ROAD show designed to give the owners of thatched property all the information they need to keep their homes as fire safe as possible will stop in Wethersfield next month. The free road shows, which are being held in conjunction with the Thatched Owners
A ROAD show designed to give the owners of thatched property all the information they need to keep their homes as fire safe as possible will stop in Wethersfield next month.
The free road shows, which are being held in conjunction with the Thatched Owners Group, will bring together a wide range of specialists including surveyors, structural engineers, thatchers, chimney specialists, insurance agents and Essex County Fire and Rescue Service community safety officers.
Essex Fire Services community station officer, Steve Parker, said: "This road show will provide those that live in thatched properties with all the information they need to keep their homes as safe as possible.
"We have a large concentration of thatched cottages in this area. We have already had a number of serious thatch property fires this year. A large percentage of these fires are caused by faulty chimneys or flues.
You may also want to watch:
"Because a thatched roof is designed to repel water and is also highly flammable they create problems for our firefighters when a fire breaks out in one of these properties.
"The best way to tackle these fires is to prevent them in the first place and these road shows will give owners all the information they need to do this."
- 1 Dunmow's Flitch and Chips named as one of the UK's 10 best
- 2 Dunmow businesses delighted to be back as lockdown eases
- 3 Prince Philip death: Uttlesford service and Garden of Remembrance
- 4 Revealed: Essex hospital treatment waiting time data
- 5 Dunmow tributes to Prince Philip, Duke of Edinburgh
- 6 Lionel the Giant Perch is 'the perfect addition'
- 7 Takeley virtual consultation opens
- 8 Lockdown easing: 'Shop abuse will not be tolerated'
- 9 Ram-raid gang member absconds from Suffolk jail
- 10 No 11th hour reprieve for Finchingfield homes plan
The road show visits Wethersfield Fire Station on Monday July 20, between 7.30pm and 9pm.Refreshments will be provided.
Those interested should turn up on the evening or call 01406 330007 or 01376 345537 for further details.