Thanks from Great Dunmow Round Table, as donations to Santa’s sleigh raised £4,500 for charity
- Credit: Archant
Generous donations to Santa and his sleigh raised around £4,500 for charity this December.
For 21 evenings throughout the festive period, Father Christmas rode around Great Dunmow and villages in Essex to raise money for various causes supported by the Great Dunmow Round Table.
The route finished in Stebbing on December 21.
Jon Worby, chairman of the organisation, said: “Thank you to all the residents for coming out and supporting us, people came out in their droves.
“It’s good fun because it makes you feel a bit festive and you get to meet the residents.
You may also want to watch:
“It’s for the kids faces, they come to the window and they stare and give him their letters.
“Magic is in the sleigh.”
- 1 A12 upgrade: 'The people who live here are not being considered'
- 2 Man dies after Roxwell collision, police confirm
- 3 Helena Romanes homes plan 'harmful urbanisation' says council
- 4 Pedestrian dies following Dunmow collision
- 5 'Gastro-Glastonbury' Foodies Festival coming to Hylands Park in Chelmsford
- 6 Festive Christmas markets to visit in Essex, 2021
- 7 Blue-green algae proves fatal for Doctor's Pond fish
- 8 Man admits to causing death by dangerous driving after B184 collision
- 9 Essex Police issues update on Katie Price's alleged assault
- 10 Essex initiative to support children in hospital reaches milestone
Volunteers from the round table helped to put the event on – they all did at least six evenings throughout busy December.
The group would like to encourage all worthy causes to keep applying to them for funding in 2017.