Test your health in Dunmow
- Credit: Archant
Free blood pressure testing is being offered in Great Dunmow on Saturday, April 23 in a Know Your Blood Pressure Session.
Rotary International in Great Britain and Ireland and the Stroke Association have teamed up to offer the service to prevent strokes.
The sessions will be in the United Reformed Church in New Street.
Research shows that over half of all strokes can be caused by high blood pressure. As well as having a blood pressure check, residents in Dunmow will also receive advice on steps to keep it under control and reduce their stroke risk.
Rotary Representative Philip Milne who has organised the event in Dunmow for 12 years and has himself had a stroke said:
You may also want to watch:
“Having a stroke can be devastating to the victim and family but people can reduce their risk significantly by paying attention to their blood pressure. The test takes a moment and it could save your life. Last year, 1,680 events were held around the country and this year we are keen to reach even more people.”
From 9.30am to noon. Other sessions will be held during the year, see: www.stroke.org.uk/kybp.
- 1 Takeley virtual consultation opens
- 2 Dunmow's Flitch and Chips named as one of the UK's 10 best
- 3 Dunmow businesses delighted to be back as lockdown eases
- 4 Lionel the Giant Perch is 'the perfect addition'
- 5 Dogs seized and three arrested following police operation on Braintree Road, Dunmow
- 6 Town council challenges water softening decision
- 7 Ram-raid gang member absconds from Suffolk jail
- 8 Prince Philip death: Uttlesford service and Garden of Remembrance
- 9 Stansted author to release second novel
- 10 Great Easton pub sells at auction