Teenager is top RAF recruit
A RECRUIT from Dunmow has become the best of the best after receiving a trophy on his RAF graduation day. George Haywood, aged 18, from The Causeway, graduated from The Recruit Training Squadron at RAF Halton near Aylesbury in Buckinghamshire, after com
A RECRUIT from Dunmow has become the 'best of the best' after receiving a trophy on his RAF graduation day.
George Haywood, aged 18, from The Causeway, graduated from The Recruit Training Squadron at RAF Halton near Aylesbury in Buckinghamshire, after completing nine weeks' basic training.
George, who won a trophy for being the best recruit on his flight, will now go to the Defence College of Aeronautical Engineering at Cosford to train as an Aircraft Maintenance Mechanic.
He said: "I really enjoyed all aspects of the training, especially the ground defence and physical training elements.
You may also want to watch:
"I am thrilled to have received the award for displaying the greatest effort and determination on my Flight."
George attended Chelmsford College prior to joining the Royal Air Force and is now aiming to hit the heights in the forces, something his squadron leader, Nick Trown, says is well within his reach. "George has done well," he said.
- 1 Man fined for driving to Dunmow to exercise dog
- 2 Try this: MasterChef winner Chef Webb's recipe for roasted chicken supreme
- 3 Tributes are paid to much loved vet Stephen Flood
- 4 Saffron Walden constituency MP on the road map out of lockdown
- 5 Eve creates cerebral palsy awareness stamps
- 6 Farm wins best Pick Your Own category in awards
- 7 Another award for Old Park Meadow
- 8 Two dogs stolen as Uttlesford dog owners voice concern
- 9 Containerlift supports laughter and supply chains
- 10 Co-op windows are smashed and cigarettes stolen
"He has developed both as a person, and as an airman, during the recruit training course, and proven to be one of the best trainees this year. The RAF is continuing its search for new recruits and I urge anybody interested in working in the demanding and fast-moving RAF environment to visit their local Armed Forces Careers Office or see www.raf careers.com.